• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP arctic cooling accelero xtreme plus ii and evga 580

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joshybo7

i am installing the aforementioned heatsink on my evga 580 and the instructions are terrible however most of the installation has been iintuitive, however i have on major question. when removing the plate that holds the factory thermal pads in place i noticed there are 6 dabs of a thermal paste of something along the small modules on the left hand side (in the picture provided)

580.jpg

my question is, if you notice in the picture off to the left of the R125 chips the small modules had thermal pads over them in addition to the small dabs of thermal paste or whatever. am i supposed to replace those 6 dabs of whatever that is, and if so then what do is use? i have as5, shin-etsu and some gelid thermal paste i am guessing the cheap gelid is sufficient or am i supposed to use the g-1 thermal glue on those modules?

The card when done is supposed to look like this. You are also supposed to use the thermal glue only, not regular TIM. You can look at my review to see if it helps. The thing is extremely easy to install. Don't worry about those little chips that had pad. If you look in the picture the VRM heatsinks do cover those little chips you were talking about. You don't put the heatsink on the R125 chips.

Attachments

• GTX 480.JPG
    GTX 480.JPG
    793.9 KB · Views: 6,200
thank you however i already figured out what i was supposed to do prior to viewing the response you gave, although it was incredibly intuitive once i took a careful look. i did not realize the thermal pads on the vrm heatsinks would cover that spot i highlighted at first however it all went smoothly and i am now running battlefield 3 at maxed out settings on a 30" monitor at ~54C, 85% fan speed and i could not be happier with the purchase.

Back