• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help around 5570 and bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lacko123

Registered
hello i have a some questions about my card and bios. so help me hehe :D

first of all i have ati saphire 5570 512mb GDDR5 graphic card and i have sucesfuly OC to 845/1300 from 650/1000 the 3dmark11 is pased with no artefacts.

now i want to flash the bios with 5670 but i dont know is thet posible. and what i will get.
and one problem is too do my card is referent or not
here is the link: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?leg=&psn=000101&pid=351

and where i can get the bios for 5570 becose on techpowerup they dont have bios for my GDDR5 version.
sorry on my bad english
and merry christmas everyone :santa2::santa2:

Flashing the BIOS won't help you and won't make any difference. You've already overclocked it. Flashing the BIOS can either up the standard clocks or unlock it. There's nothing to unlock on your card and you've already overclocked it. Whats your max overclock? Find a Max stable clock and just stay there. Also use MSI Afterburner and not CCC.

aha but i have problem.
if i put the gpu on 900mhz and left memory sotck i pass furmark and 3dmark 11 and i can play game

if put memory on 1300mhz and gpu stock pass furmark and 3dmark11 and i can play games

but if i put 845/1300 i pass 3dmark11 and furmark but when i go play game after 5 min i get black screen or grey lines. on monitor.. temperatures are max 60C
i know when i OC to 770 and 1100 i pass 5670 in benchmarks.

You have to balance the two. My 5770's memory will got to 1420mhz. My GPU core will go to 1020-1025. But I can't run 1020/1420. GPU core is a lot more important then the memory. Get the GPU as high as possible like 900mhz and put the memory lower. Memory won't make as much of a difference.

hmm i have get boost in gpu but when i pass 845mhz i didnt get any more boost so i have OC memory then i get extra. i have find thet guilty is memory btw.
now i run it on 845 / 1270 on 1290 is crashing..
maybe i mus tput cooling on memory but to do thet i must chenge fan on gpu

Listen, for your card, it isn't worth it. You got a very good overclock keep it at 1270 and 845. Making the memory 1300 will make an unnoticeable difference. Your total overclock might help 5 fps ifff you are lucky from stock clocks. It's not really the cooling on the memory but that's just as far as it will go. The extra 20mhz won't make much difference in heat. Take what you can get. Many people barely get 100mhz overclock without voltage control. The extra 50 mhz or what ever will make a subtle difference. It won't be enough to make an unplayable game playable. Get a 5770 or GTX 460 if you really want performance increase.

yeah i knnow but i dont have money hehe i buy the 5570 becose is cheap.
and in cod6 i get 15fps so i am very happy. and temperature dont go over 62C with OC

yeah i knnow but i dont have money hehe i buy the 5570 becose is cheap.
and in cod6 i get 15fps so i am very happy. and temperature dont go over 62C with OC

What are your in game graphics settings? 15 fps is pretty terrible visually (no offense intended.) in an fps, you want a minimum of 30 fps imho.

15fps? I get mad when it goes to 50 fps :) You have to tone down the settings. Thats like watching a slideshow. Do you even do well at 15 fps? Well I encourage users to run at 15 fps, only so I can kill them easier ;)

no no no you get it wronghehehe
i play COD6 in max seting on 1680x1050 and i have 50/60fps
with OC i have 65/75 fps

@BigTerminator whats your voltage for those clocks ? i run my crossfire 5770 at 950/1350 and they passed 3dmark, furmark, heaven benchmark, crysis benchmark, all games i play stable at stock voltage, but failed in Gothic 4 full graphics in 1-2 min of gameplay, i had to bump voltage by 25mv for each card to get it stable.

Also what do you guys monitor gpu temps with ? Because the difference between CCC and MSI Afterburner temp indications is 2C-3C during idle and about 9C during full load, Msi afterburner temps are higher, which is correct CCC or MSI Afterburner?

Back