• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! ASAP! Washing watercooling components?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyman98

I just got my new water cooling kit and i dont know if i need to wash the parts out? How do i do it? Do i need to do all the components or only the radiator? Reply asap please! I have distilled water!

Cleaning is very necessary.
It doesn't need to be disassembled, but you do need to clean it out.

Thank you for clearing this up! Does the water have to be completely boiling? No worries on that?

It needs to boil so it kills any organisms in the water.

It needs to boil so it kills any organisms in the water.

Thank you good sir! One last question (instead of posting a new topic), how tightly should my compression fittings be on each component. Should i use a wrench?

I couldn't find anything on Phobya's site, but here's some from Swiftech:

torque-range.jpg

I don't usually run boiling water because I'll be running a kill coil in the loop but if you do run, run it through the rads only and don't burn yourself in the process. The rest don't need to be but clean them all out of debris. If you take a white small bucket you should see stuff that was in there from the manufacturing process.

:welcome: to OCFs btw.

Back