• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help building liquid cooled pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghostice5274

Hey guys new here. Started to overclock my current custom PC pretty heavily over the last couple months, think i squeezed about as much as i can out of it for being a older system . Looking to buy a custom pc, willing to spend up to 5k although id be happier around 4k. My question is what site offers the best options specifically when it comes to liquid cooling (custom loops) with durability an performance in mind. im not very educated on this part as my current pc just has a all in one liquid cooler for cpu (no maintenance ) . iv been leaning toward digital storm because of there HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU) . But started looking at xotic pc an their Frostbite Water Cooling w/Stage 3: H2O CPU + GPU + Motherboard Cooling. Im decently educated on computer hardware, i have learned alot over the last few months with oc and researching for a new pc but need some guidance. I do ALOT of 4k gaming all different types of games from FPS like squad, arma, pubg to RPG games like divinty, skyrim, WoW. Also been getting into vr games with vive an just bought the samsung odyssey. The hardware i have chosen so far is

i7 8700k (will be oc in future)
GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (might add another in future + oc)
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
850W EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Gold Power Supply Unit
16GB DDR4 3866MHz (2x8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

so again looking for assistance on the liquid cooling along with assistance for the hardware i have chosen. Am i going overboard or am i on the right path. Hate playing games where i have to lower the settings because of hardware love having everything on "ultra"

Thanks peeps

currently Asus PB287Q 28" 4K/ UHD but along with pc that will be getting upgraded to most likely Asus rog swift PG348Q 34"

What country are you in and what vendors do you have access to? Not all components we might recommend are available around the world or at least not at a reasonable cost.

are you looking to build or buy?
Buyusing one of the custimazion sites building is last option with my patience I feel like I will **** something up

What country are you in and what vendors do you have access to? Not all components we might recommend are available around the world or at least not at a reasonable cost.

USA , CT . Don’t know what’s around me locally if that’s what u mean

So let me be clear on this. Sounds like you want to purchase a system with the water cooling components already installed in a case ready to go or at least in kit form. You're not intending to purchase a case separately, purchase individual water cooling loop components and then build your own custom loop. Correct?

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to build it yourself. The twomain reasons for this instead of buying pre-built.

1: the water Cooling system is still going to need to be maintained periodically. If you build it yourself you will be comfortable working on it later and you can add fittings when you build it to make it easier to service.

2: If you plan to keep this system for a few years and do upgrades you will also have to modify the system to do this and will have the experience under your belt to be comfortable with this work.

Lastly building a system tends to be cheaper than buying a pre-built.

If you do decide to go with a pre-built we can still help pick it out just be aware of the service you will have to do that I mentioned above.

So let me be clear on this. Sounds like you want to purchase a system with the water cooling components already installed in a case ready to go or at least in kit form. You're not intending to purchase a case separately, purchase individual water cooling loop components and then build your own custom loop. Correct?
Correct but the last person did bring up some good points about building it myself ( which I kind of figured ) . Maybe I can be pointed in both directions an go from there if it’s not to much . As far as buying prebuilt or building myself

If you are thinking of doing it yourself start by reading this guide.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Water-Cooling-Your-PC-***-READ-THIS-FIRST-***

Then check out this site for a good selection of parts.

http://www.performance-pcs.com

I would suggest using soft tubing for your first go as it is more forgiving and easier to deal with if you change parts in the future.

One of the best way to learns is to put together a parts list you think you need and then post it up and we will help by giving you suggestions on what we would change and why we would change it.

If you are thinking of doing it yourself start by reading this guide.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Water-Cooling-Your-PC-***-READ-THIS-FIRST-***

Then check out this site for a good selection of parts.

http://www.performance-pcs.com

I would suggest using soft tubing for your first go as it is more forgiving and easier to deal with if you change parts in the future.

One of the best way to learns is to put together a parts list you think you need and then post it up and we will help by giving you suggestions on what we would change and why we would change it.

ok, im going to be away for the next few days and very busy with the upcoming holidays an work. But i will try an get to that sometime next week. Thank your very much for your help so far an happy holidays

Thanks for the heads up. We will still all be here when you are ready. Have a good holiday yourself.

Back