• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help! Can't get Win7 to boot after new hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Jay_

So I installed my new Asus Sabertooth 990FX, Corsair HX1050 PSU and Corsair H80i Cooler tonight. Everything booted up right away. UEFI BIOS loaded right up. After setting the correct date and time and also resetting the boot order to boot from my SSD, I exited and saved changes. When the computer booted back up, I got past the TUF Splash Screen and the Windows 7 Splash Screen started. As the 4 little colored balls in the Win7 Logo were twirling in circles they froze up and I get a BSOD that flashes for a split second. Then it wants to dump me into Startup Repair, but none of the options work for me. It won't do a repair. It won't do a restore. I really don't want to have to rip everything back apart since it took me like 3 hrs to do everything in the first place. I even flashed to the latest BIOS and still doesn't load. Help!

20140117_011358.jpg

Last edited:
Yes old SSD in new board. Is there maybe a setting in the BIOS that I may be missing? Does it matter which SATA III ports I have each thing plugged into? My brother mentioned something about checking to see if the BIOS is set to ACHI? Would that matter? I've never replaced a mobo before and not been able to boot into windows afterwards to update all the drivers.

Also, if I put my burnt copy of Win7 Ultimate into the DVD Drive and select that as my boot #1, shouldn't it boot up to the Win7 Installation screen by default? Right now, it doesn't do anything when I put in the Win7 disk and restart the computer.

Last edited:
Ok, I got it fixed by setting my SATA Configuration to IDE instead of ACHI. Just loaded a fresh copy of Windows 7. All is right in the world again.

Back