• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help choosing a fan/fan controller.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irrykuxeh

I recently purchased a Cooler Master R4 SickleFlow w/Blue LED. It looks cool and moves quite a bit of air, but is a little louder than I would prefer. Should I buy a fan controller and just ramp down the voltage to control the noise, or should I just buy different fans?

If I should buy new fans:
I want them to have blue LEDs to match my case, and be pretty quiet. CFM does not have to be super high. Priority would be cool Blue LED and minimal noise.

If fan controller:
Would the NZXT Sentry II be a good choice?

You should buy a fan controller. Because even quiet fans can be quieter. I use the NZXT Sentry Mesh. It isn't flashy but it is extremely reliable. I have it controlling 7 fans currently. Computer noise from fans that were all rated 20db (quiet for fans) and below became much quieter.

The NZXT Sentry II is not bad and looks nice but has history of being unreliable, bad input, while the Mesh is incredibly easy to use with the sliders. It isn't as flashy but is excellent.

Back