• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help choosing new motherboard for i5 3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the lynchanater

Registered
hi everyone
for my birthday a couple of days ago i got givan an intel core i5 3570k cpu.
my question is what is the best motherboard for it keeping in mind that i will be buying water cooling and overclocking it to hopfully 4.5ghz.
my price range is about $400 for the mobo and cooling what is the best setup i can get for this price.

400$ for a Z77 board is alot loll ;) An Asus P8Z77-v pro could do it anytime. Dont really need more.

As for cooling, you will buy real watercooling or wanabee ?

with the water cooling im not sure about what to go for
Corsair Hydro Series H100i
XSPC Raystorm 750 RX240 Water Cooling Kit
im just not sure about how stable the do it yourself water cooling would be like a hose coming loos or something

If you do it correctly, costum WC is as secore as wanabee WC. And even more since you will probably have a much better pump wich are usually more reliable. A Rasa kit have all you need for a good price.

I never been a wanabee WC fan so i wont suggest or help you in that route. Sry. Those Corsair H and any other "WC" looks junk IMHO.

If you want something really good at a good price, the new Swiftech H220 is a beats in its kind. This AIO kit is the first AIO kit that is well made and will last years without pump failure. And, its costumisable for latter addon :)

okay thanks for your help looking at some of the reviews of do it yourself water cooling kits i think i will probly go that way if not i will defenitly go for the Swiftech H220

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 is my vote for a mobo, unless you're going to be going cold spending more money would be a waste. I'm also with Boulard83 with a vote for the Swiftech H220

I bought Gigabyte ZX773DH for my 3570k.
installed with TT contac 30 cooler.
currently runnin @4.0GHz with 1.150V...
stable temps 50°C full load prime.

Back