• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Deciding On A Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

I am looking for a case for my senior project build (in my sig)

It needs to have good air flow, and have LED's (clear side panel)

I am open to suggestions. I am pretty sure I will need a mid tower. full seems kind of large

Price Limit:
120-140 max

(no power supply included pls)

LINKS APPRECIATED!

Thank you

Here is what I have been looking at, what do you think?

Question on this one: can you take the side things off that flip open to use the hard drives and stuff?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133154

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146038

Maybe a different color lol?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146027

Check out Lian-Li and Cooler Master too.

I've owned two PC65s and a PC75 and love the clean, professional, look that Lian-Li brings.

I had that Armor for my first case. It was just okay. I ended up striping all the tacky accessories from it and wishing I had bought a different case. Second case was a Lian-Li PC-7B Plus 2 which is by far the best case I have ever seen in person or owned.

So with that said, go for Lian-Li, and if you need LED's just buy some fancy fans which have them. The PC-7B Plus II is only 89$ as well, so its not un-affordable.

Antec 900, i think is the defualt answer to this question. Its $125 at newegg (I checked) and will probably fit in an Ultran 120 Extreme. All I know is that it fits my acFreezer 7 pro with a good 5cm left, so you should be able to squeeze it in.

Antec 900, i think is the defualt answer to this question. Its $125 at newegg (I checked) and will probably fit in an Ultran 120 Extreme. All I know is that it fits my acFreezer 7 pro with a good 5cm left, so you should be able to squeeze it in.

+1 for antec 900. Great case, great price.

I've modded mine with new fans/fan controller. Moved the controls/drives to the center. Added fan to the top to create a intake/intake/cpu fan/exhaust wind tunnel at the top of the case. Now running 3.33ghz 24/7 @ 45c. Orthos stable 9+ hours. One of the best cases for air.

It fits most big cpu coolers, but at the sacrafice of not having enough room for a side-case fan. (Not that you need a side fan on this case.)

i think the antec 900 is a very ugly case. sorry. what about the cases i posted?
:eek::cry:

Seriously though, the Thermaltake is good looking case. Looks breezy. Kind of like the Antec...:rolleyes:

Edit: Ooooh Thideras... I like that Coolermaster. Good price too.

Last edited:
yeah i like that case, but i wish the side panel was clear. thats what I don't like about it :( not much room for mods without that.

I'm a Lian Li fan, but don't make the same mistake I made.

The PC6xx series are all pretty much the same case (as well as the PC7x) but with slightly different fan options. I don't like the PC65 due to the four small fans. I instead went with a PC60 Plus 2 which gave me a single 120mm fan in the lower front intake. However, it still uses a rear 80mm fan. In retrospect, I should have bought the PC7BW Plus 2. Same case as my current PC60BW Plus 2, except it uses a 120mm rear fan instead of my 80mm rear fan. However, the PC7 doesn't actually include a fan in the top chimney. Wouldn't matter to me, though. I already took a holesaw to my top fan and made it a 120mm blowhole. I'd do the same to the PC7.

Here is a PC7BW Plus 2:

http://www.crazypc.com/products/81328B.html

If you order from that site, you can even have them cut and install the 120mm blowhole for you for an additional cost of $16, which is actually way cheaper than doing it yourself when you consider that a 4.75" holesaw and arbor will run you at least fifty bucks or more, not to mention a drill if you don't have one handy. You can also have them add top windows or interior lighting if you like that sort of thing. Sweet case, a pleasure to build with, and with all the 120mm fans it runs pretty cool. Perhaps not quite as cool as the Coolermasters or the Antecs, but still pretty damn cool.

And yes, I think it will fit the TR Extreme. And that rear 120mm exhaust will take care of the heat. Of course, you can use it as an intake blowing fresh, cool air right into your TR Extreme and let your 120mm blowhole get rid of the heat. Lots of options.

Last edited:
No problem. I've ordered quite a few things from them, never had a problem with billing or shipping. Their site might not be as slick as Newegg, but I always get my goods on time.

What do you think of that case I linked?

No problem. I've ordered quite a few things from them, never had a problem with billing or shipping. Their site might not be as slick as Newegg, but I always get my goods on time.

What do you think of that case I linked?

that is the case I want, do you think if i put a blue led fan in the front, it would show well? but it is a very slick case. pretty much what i am looking for

A blue LED fan will look nice, but it wont light up the whole case. I ended up using several Apevia green LED fans. I've got a whole green theme going on, except for the case's power light which is blue, and my Sunbeam rheobus LEDs which are either blue or red depending on the setting. I don't have any pictures of my case hosted anywhere, otherwise I'd post them. I've done all my cable routing and lit the whole damn thing up in green. Looks pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Anyway, any LED fan in the front intake will definitely be visible. You can easily see the fan from the front, and on the inside of the case with all the aluminum surfaces it will cast an eery glow.

Last edited:
A blue LED fan will look nice, but it wont light up the whole case. I ended up using several Apevia green LED fans. I've got a whole green theme going on, except for the case's power light which is blue, and my Sunbeam rheobus LEDs which are either blue or red depending on the setting. I don't have any pictures of my case hosted anywhere, otherwise I'd post them. I've done all my cable routing and lit the whole damn thing up in green. Looks pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Anyway, any LED fan in the front intake will definitely be visible. You can easily see the fan from the front, and on the inside of the case with all the aluminum surfaces it will cast an eery glow.

it would be nice to see some pictures. because i want to do some modding myseelf. with a blue/green theme. blue led fans, uv reactive green sleeving, etc.

do u think the case will fit the heat sink im getting in my sig?

Back