• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help filling in the HWbot submissions etc!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah i want to say that these Subs have been done with "1" EVGA 780 TI SUPERCLOCKED CARD!

Yes i did overclock the card, but i am not sure if it will go any further, as there is signs of small ripples when you run the Bench mark.

But like the CPU today i will try to push it a bit more, but after what happened to FUNSOUL i wish to be a bit more on the caution side of things.

P.S. If you see MR Clean AKA Manny i am right next to him and only 0.10 points away now, i can see my place back really soon Johan lol!!!

AJ.

Last edited:
You should be just fine Ajay, funsoul was a whole different basket of apples. First they were 580 reference cards that had weak VRMs to start so Nvidia put a limit on the power you could feed them. Funsoul bypassed that with a small hack and found that yes they are weak. You should have 0 issues overclocking your cards within the manufacturers voltage and power limitations. They make it really, really hard to break them these days. You have to do a bios mod or other to get enough power to hurt it.

Well thanks for that it makes me more confident about OCing these EVGA'S buddy. Well 4.8 was not a bad place to finish after all and i can still use 4.9 for PI and other small bench marks. But that Vcore makes you eye's water for sure, you gotta have "NUTS OF STEEL" to do that.

I can not think how you can run 1.7 or more your side lol!!!

AJ.

But i would say the colder you go the better it is, i have noticed from start up when the CPU is cold it works better than late after it has time to warm up!

Well we shall see how we get on over the next few days, and hopefully we can bag some nice points and step up the charts. So when are you going to start again with your Subs buddy.

AJ.

You're right about the cold Ajay, temps play a big part in the CPU performance. as for subs maybe next week I'll try a couple we'll see, have another GFX card coming and some different ram I'll have to take for a spin so....
I'll see what kind of 3D points I can get with a 6970, run it through the tests.

Is that the card which has the Dual Bios switch Johan?? I had a pair of SAPPHIRE 6950'S with the Dual Bios switch, nice cards got me some points on the BOT!

Is that the card which has the Dual Bios switch Johan?? I had a pair of SAPPHIRE 6950'S with the Dual Bios switch, nice cards got me some points on the BOT!

Based on what I know from other DCUII cards I'd have to say no Ajay.

OK I am back in my own thread and sorry for taking to long and just chatting away!!

The subject is Flashing Bioses on GPU CARDS, ie my 780 TI's!!
I have been looking around a few sites to see what is out there in the bigger world and found the SKYNET BIOS for the 780 TI's. But because its some thing new and i do not want to damage or brick anything, i must admit i am nervous to do this.

So many thanks for the kind advice and offers how to do this, i just need a bit more time and then i will have to bite the bullet!! Will flash both cards here one at a time i think or maybe you can do both!

This is what i have been looking at for sometime!

1, http://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club

I just wonder which one you would choose for the Cards i have here??

AJ.

Do them one at a time. That way if something gets mucked up you can use the second card to flash the first.

As I said in the other thread, I only see one official bios (skynet up top). Use it.
EDIT: I see now... the reference one since you have a reference EVGA card.

+1 to ATM, one at a time big boy... that way if you bork the flash, you can use the other card to flash back per Woomack's instructions.

The only reason i was asking about which Bios is there seems to be 2 that i could use, and i wish to have the right one. Let me explain there is the box standard one and the one for the Superclocked GPU with the ACX cooler!!

My GPU is a SUPERCLOCKED card but with the TITAN type cooler, if you see what i am saying here! :shrug:

Is there any difference in the Bios anyway or are they basically the same thing?? :shrug:

Edit: Thanks Johan i will read all that later and see what happens!!

AJ.

Last edited:
You have a reference model.

I am not sure which of EVGAs line outside of the Classified, is not reference. I think the Classified may be the only one? I am not sure. A quick google of some reviews should show you if there are any differences on the PCB. It shouldn't make much of a difference, which you use as clockspeeds should only be the difference there.

Personally, I would try Johan's suggestion before I did any flashing... just keep an eye on the clock speeds and make sure it is not throttling due to temps (80C) or because it is hitting the power limit. You are still on air and perhaps eventually water, but you only have so much volts to work with.

You have a reference model.

I am not sure which of EVGAs line outside of the Classified, is not reference. I think the Classified may be the only one? I am not sure. A quick google of some reviews should show you if there are any differences on the PCB.

Classified and K|NGP|N are the only ones that aren't a reference board.

Then it shouldn't really matter honestly. The other bios' will just give him a high stock clock speed on top of whatever it unlocks and raises.

OK thanks yeah will look into Johans idea first, as that looks to be a good way to go for now, then the bios Mod afterwards.

Your right about the clock speeds ED, i think its just the Diff as you say, just wanted to know if you would gain anymore advantage!

Mine @ stock are!!

GPU CLOCK: 980Mhz

MEM CLOCK:1750Mhz

BOOST CLOCK:1046Mhz

So with the new bios it would i suppose push these up higher than it is now!

AJ.

Just want to say Ajay as I think E_D pointed out. If that hack works the way it should for you , it'll give you enough voltage to fry that GPU on air, cause I think it'll also give you a 150% power limit, so be careful !!

OK for the heads up on that, the Bios Mod is set @ 1.212v as a max if i can remember!!

So everyone try's to keep under that else the voltage section could get some damage or just over heat as well. I shall read every thing first before i try it out for sure.

AJ.

Back