• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help filling in the HWbot submissions etc!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I do remember reading something to the tune of bypassing the 1.3v limit but that may cepend on the card ?? Once I figured out it wouldn't work for me I haven't been back except to point other in that direction.

I've run my 770 at 1.3V, that's fine for air. I wouldn't do much past that though.
Very very diminishing returns over ~1.25V though, especially for a higher ASIC card like mine and yours. (Mine is 79.8% o_O)

You can do both bios mod and llc mod, for 1.3v but I wouldn't do it on air...you'd need a loop.

1.212v is fine for a decent daily oc though. And the skynet bios performs better since it gets 100% rid of boost and throttling.

MSI warned me about the MUCH more robust 780 Lightning and its voltage limit on its 'stock' air was 1.35v. On a reference card like Ajay has, I wouldn't go past 1.25v personally... at least on air. Water...sure.

You don't need much above 1.21V. These cards should make 1300MHz+ on that voltage and real voltage will be probably higher than 1.21 anyway. You need modded BIOS mainly for higher power limit.
In theory 1.21V + LLC mod = 1.25V but on some cards LLC isn't working.

These cards are not scalling good above 1.3V on air/water and generally air/water gives similar OC just water let you keep card on lower temps so it will live longer.

You don't need much above 1.21V. These cards should make 1300MHz+ on that voltage and real voltage will be probably higher than 1.21 anyway. You need modded BIOS mainly for higher power limit.
In theory 1.21V + LLC mod = 1.25V but on some cards LLC isn't working.

These cards are not scalling good above 1.3V on air/water and generally air/water gives similar OC just water let you keep card on lower temps so it will live longer.
:clap: :thup:

So it very much looks like the SKYNET BIOS is the safest way to go after all the Debates on here @ 1.212v!!! Thanks everyone for there 10c its been very valuable to me and helpful as well.

My overall plan was to wait till i can put these 2 cards under WC, i am looking for some special Thermal Pads like these!!

1, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...onductivity_170_WmK.html?tl=g8c487s1797#blank

2, http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...rmal_Conductivity_170_WmK.html?tl=g8c487s1797

As you can see these are readily available in the USA, but not here in the UK @ this time.

But with some help i have found a UK BASED distributor and are in the process of talking to them at this moment, hopefully i will have some good news to share with you next week! I hear you saying why bother with this, its the results i have seen and been reading for the last few weeks now. That has convinced me to try to find this product, as the Temp drops are really big compared to the everyday type of thermal materials.

As shown is this post below!!

3, http://www.overclock.net/t/1468593/r9-290-x-thermal-pad-upgrade-vrm-temperatures

It is shown that a up to a 20c drop in Temps with this thermal pads is possible over the original that came with the KIT!! So this is what has pushed me to find this and so far the UK based Company, told me today they can maybe supply it!

Respectfully,

AJ.

Ajay , I would look at the AB hack first since it doesn't involve flashing a bios to your cards. I've flashed many times without issue but there's always a risk. That AB hack looks pretty slick and it doesn't alter your hardware in any way.

Not sure if they use the same controller for their entire classified line. I think lvcoyote reviewed a couple of them on the front page, check them out and other reviews to see which controller it is and if it is the one that it works with.

I know the 780 Lightning it does NOT work on. That thing will be FS soon very soon!

I read through that thread a bit and someone in there with a classy was directed to the Classified club also at OCN they have a bunch of stuff specific to that series. So I would assume probably not since it's not a reference design. You may find some stuff in the Classy section though I hear mention of Classy tools and I saw a bunch of BIOS versions as well. http://www.overclock.net/t/1411500/official-evga-classified-owners-club

I found it, the 780 Classified and 780Ti Classified both use a Chil CHL8318. (Thanks to our reviews :D )
It is on the list of the chips the hack works with. So that's awesome!

Classified cards can use EVGA soft for voltage adjustment , you don't need any hack. Voltage should go up to 1.35V+ via soft if I'm right.
Any other card than Classified is reference one so BIOS up to 1.21V + LLC up to 1.25V + AB tweak 1.3V+
ASUS cards can go up to 1.21V , LLC isn't working but they already can run up to 1.25V under load without any LLC tweak. Soldering is required for some more but you can go up without limits.

From what I've noticed:
90%+ ASIC cards can make about 1280-1350MHz on 1.21-1.25V
75-85% ASIC cards can make about 1270-1320MHz on 1.21-1.25V
65-75% ASIC cards can make about 1250-1300MHz on 1.21-1.25V

Also I say that again ... voltage that you see in GPU-Z or you set in BIOS isn't real voltage, it's only VID. Some cards are running at higher or lower real voltage and to be sure you have to measure it with multimeter under full load. It's not required when you make BIOS mod as it's limited to ~1.21-1.25V but if you make any additional adjustments or soldering then you may kill your card if you set wrong values or set voltage in idle state and later run 3D.

Last edited:
I found this else where and just looking to see if i would help or benefit any of the Members here! It seems that with Win 7 it parks cores to save power, which can lower overall performance. It has been said by unparking your cores it helps with gaming and possible with benchmarks. But that has not been proven yet, so try it and see how you find the results.

1, View attachment Unpark-CPU-App.zip

This video will give you some pointers and basic direction how to do this!!

AJ.

Last edited:
I remember the FX had problems with core park at release and there was a Patch for win 7. Then they corrected it with a bios entry called HPC when enabled disabled core parking. Is this also the same with Intel or is core parking shut off when all the power savings are disabled?

I have never touched core parking on Intel. In looking around hwbot and the google machine, there are little to no benefits of this in benchmarking. There may be an exception, but I do not recall what it is. This was brought up a couple of years ago with AMD processors...

Back