• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Firefox keeps randomly switching windows.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acuriousman

Registered
Every time I open a new window link from a current window, the new window will pop up like normal.

But after I click on anything inside the new window, Firefox randomly switches to the previous window and I have to reclick the new window to get it back.

How do I fix this? I don't want it to keep switching back to the old window when I've already opened a new one.

I'm using the latest Firefox build 23.0.1, fresh install with Windows 7 64 bit

Last edited:
It does this no matter what page you open? This happens to me when I open a new window that has flash objects loaded in it, such as Pandora. I have no idea why it does this, though. Creating a new window (ctrl + n) does not push it to the back.

It does this no matter what page you open? This happens to me when I open a new window that has flash objects loaded in it, such as Pandora. I have no idea why it does this, though. Creating a new window (ctrl + n) does not push it to the back.

Pretty much every page.
Doesn't matter if it's got flash objects on it or not.

What happens if you start Firefox in Safe Mode (should be in your start menu) or rename your Firefox profile so it starts clean?

Back