• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! I encounter some problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yodivanbaped

Registered
Hi people!

I just got my new rig which is

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300X
MB: ASRock B350 Pro4
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB AMP
SSD: WD Green 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
PSU: Bitfenix Whisper 550W
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666

I have my CPU overclocked to 3.9Ghz on 1.35625v, it runs smoothly, I could boot to windows, also did some stress test with AIDA64.

There are no problem from last Friday until last night, when I restart my PC and try to get to BIOS, to change my chassis fan settings to Silent Mode. Previously I had it in Standard Mode. The problem I have is after I click Save and Exit on BIOS, its just black screen that I need to press Restart button on my case like 1 to 3 times, until I see the motherboard logo. And later after that when I restart my PC to get to BIOS again, the same problem happened again, I need to press restart button to see the motherboard logo and then get into BIOS.

Right now I set the fans back to Standard Mode and still has my CPU overclocked.

Is it a bug where the motherboard just make it hard to boot with Silent Mode fans? Or its just the overclocking that cause the problem? Or bug from BIOS? Or maybe GPU failure that it doesn't show any display while my PC actually finished booting up? I'm pretty new to overclocking so I'm gonna need your helps.

Thanks before,

yodivanbaped

Last edited:
Sounds like a bios bug...

Any "fresher" bios than the one you use out there?
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have the latest one from the ASRock website, I guess its version 3.20. Will it harm my computer if its happen several times? Also I haven't try to put the clock to Auto mode, still has it overclocked now.

Nope, that should not hurt. Weird behaviour though!

I am not that knowladgeable about Ryzen help you on the Auto mode.

With 1.36v, you are in the safe range anyway. With fans on standard, your computer is working normally, right?

With 1.36v, you are in the safe range anyway. With fans on standard, your computer is working normally, right?

Uhh, sorry, I'm at 1.35625v, guess I forgot the 5 hahahah, edited first post already.

Yeah its a really weird behavior, good to hear that its not gonna harm my component.

And I guess yeah, its working normally, never had this problem until I tried to change my fan settings from Standard Mode to Silent Mode, because Standard Mode has 1600RPM, same as Performance Mode, and its kinda loud. Will see if this gonna happen again with my current settings. Thanks for your help~

so it seems like the problem keep appearing even with the settings back, guess when I try to get into BIOS once and this problem appears. right now I set the overclock back to Auto mode and see if the problem still coming. what if the problem is still coming with Auto settings? Is it means nothing wrong with the overclocking? and its really actually a BIOS bug?

Bump!

Not good enough myself with Ryzen ;)

Guess I found the fix, its the UEFI BIOS bugging, saw a video on youtube that I need to disable the AM4 Advanced Boot Training and disable the Full HD UEFI.
I think its more likely that the Full HD UEFI that cause problem, maybe the BIOS tried to load a Full HD UEFI BIOS while Ryzen don't have IGP, thats why I only see black screen.
The AM4 Advanced Boot Training will mostly just affect overclocking experience, according to the video I found.

So after disabling those two settings, my PC boot normally, I will report if there any weird behavior again but I have high expectation there won't be anymore.

Video source:

Hope this will help someone that has the same problem as mine too.

Back