• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help I need a motherboard for my water cooled rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dngspot

I have been living with a old AMD Barton that finally died. I want to get back into over clocking and have not kept up on hardware. I intend to stay with AMD and am looking at different CPU's as options; I think I am okay there. Mother boards and video cards have evolved and have me in the blind. From a week of looking around I think I want to use an NForce based board. A little help here would be great. I am also going to use an amd2+ socket.
I have thrown together a water cooled unit last weekend. It is cooling, a stop gap, AMD 7750 on a PC Chips motherboard, the motherboard sucks for over clocking, to put it gently. It is what I had on the shelf at the time I needed a new system. I have been using them for entry level units for customers. The cooling setup uses a heater core from a 78 Ford F250; the pump is a Sealine 6510. This pump was used because it is one of the quietest pumps that I have ever used. The cpu block is a Swiftec Apogee GT. The fans consist of 2 6 inch, one at the bottom front and the other at the rear top. A 4 inch at the top of the front and a 3 inch mid level back. All fans are run on a swith that can be move from 7v to 12v, at 7 most of the time. The pump and fans are also relayed to start together.

Here are a few pics, it is a mess but again I put this together pretty quickly.

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473-1.jpg

i have a case just like that almost modded the same too...lol mine has a 939 x2-4400
id go w/ a cheap am3 combo
most are getting great resuldt on them w/ wc

Back