• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, in coolant auditions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pulsarius

Registered
Hello , iam here to seek knowledge in what buy to add to the distilled water.
is iam new to Watercooling.

going to place links and Specs on the materials involved in the parts., but in all links if you scroll down theres the items Specs.
so this is the parts i got :.

CPU Block:.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Colo...ck-with-2850pcs-micro-Copper/32413171637.html
Specification:
Materials: bottom red copper + Upper brass + stainless steel buckle
Process: Plate cutting clearance vertical 0.3mm
Baseplate thickness: 3mm±0.05mm

Upper thickness: 10mm±0.05mm
Copper column number: 2850 (Better than over 90% similar products in Aliexpress)
The cutting depth: 2.6MM (Bette than over 90% similar products in Aliexpress)
Cover Size: 55mm*55mm±2%

Bottom Size: 49mm*49mm±2%
Surface treatment: Nickel plated

Copper column treatment: Silver plated (Better heat exchange!!)

Pump:.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Byks...Maximum-flow-1200L-H-Maximum/32374688486.html
Specification:
1. Voltage: 8-12V DC
2. Material: POM + Aluminium case
3. Maximum head: 7M
4. Maximum flow: 1200L/H
5. Body size: 92*70*82mm
6. Net weight: 850g
7. Terminal: small 3pin + big 4D. Support speed control.

Radiator:.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...adiator-strong-wind-Recommend/1409563332.html
Specifications:
257 (L) x 120 (W) x 30 (H) MM
System features: Aluminum heat sink, 1 inch 17-20 fin
: Micro- channel design, 12
: Parts as a whole brazing seal
: Can be installed two 120 fans
: Black oxide , improve heat transfer efficiency , the surface color can be customized according to customer needs
: For computer CPU cooling , industrial variable frequency drives , laser head cooling , air conditioning evaporator and industrial control cabinet cooling
Specifications :
Model R120 × 240
Microchannel
Water to drain radiator
Material Aluminum
Size 257 (L) x 120 (W) x 30 (H) MM
Weight 450 G
Fin density 18 Fold / inch
Number of flat tubes 12
Sealing process Vacuum aluminum brazing
Surface treatment Black oxide
Nozzle 8.5 (D) MM
Connector Disposable stainless steel clamps
Heatsink Material: Copper & Aluminum

FITTINGS:.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...or-9-5X12-7mm-8X12mm/1480188_32245259325.html
Specification:Materials: Brass

Now for the collant , i will use Distiled water , now my question , should i go a Bio killer like pt-nuke ? or get a Silver Coil ? and should i add and anti-corrosive aditive cause of the materials iam using ? or should i buy a "clear" pre mix ready to use collant ?

seams that i have quite a mix of diferent materials.:eek:

Thanks.
Pulsarius

Have you already bought these parts. If not I wouldn't. Instead post your system specs and budget and we can help you pick a system out that will work better.

Never heard of any of those manufacturers. Looks like to me some chinese knock offs. Up to you if you want to go that route other wise if you haven't yet, have a read at our water cooling stickies to get the better basics first and than head over to Performancepcs and modmymods for parts. We'll than walk you through once you have a parts list for us.

Here's a great intro to water cooling to get you started.

Also, give us a parts list of your system and what you're looking to water cool.

He might live in China, so that's what he want to use.

The radiator CANNOT CANNOT have aluminum.

Stainless, copper, brass, nickle are all fine together. ALUMINUM NO!

Distilled water and a biocide, (killcoil or PHN/PT Nuke or Deadwater) is what you want.

Find a radiator with NO aluminum in it and you are fine.

EDIT: Pump is possibly an aluminum head, must not use that.

If you do use the aluminum, you want a 30-50% solution on antifreeze and distilled AND a biocide

Have you already bought these parts. If not I wouldn't. Instead post your system specs and budget and we can help you pick a system out that will work better.

yes i did. and yes i can post my system specs. my budget was around 100$.

Why buy copies of well known and qualified products made by known manufactures from a company no one knows and with unknown quality?

budget mostly.

Never heard of any of those manufacturers. Looks like to me some chinese knock offs. Up to you if you want to go that route other wise if you haven't yet, have a read at our water cooling stickies to get the better basics first and than head over to Performancepcs and modmymods for parts. We'll than walk you through once you have a parts list for us.

Here's a great intro to water cooling to get you started.

Also, give us a parts list of your system and what you're looking to water cool.

like i said i already got the parts, for now i will only WC the CPU, this is my 1º custom build loop,and budget was tight.
Thanks for the Video link.

Parts:.
CPU: AMD fx-9370
MEM: G-Skill 2x8gb@2400
MB: MSI 990FXA GD-80
GPU: Will be a MSI R9 390 Gaming 8gb (currently using a HD6790)

I see a corrosion demon in your future using those parts especially that radiator. You have so many mixed metals, that there really isn't a way to inhibit the corrosion from happening without lessening the cooling properties of distilled water. Using a cooling additive over time will also do damage to the pump, cpu block and just gunk everything up to a point that there is no reverse aside from just tossing everything out.

Should have saved some money and purchased tried and true parts from well known manufactures.

In any event good luck with that.

He might live in China, so that's what he want to use.

The radiator CANNOT CANNOT have aluminum.

Stainless, copper, brass, nickle are all fine together. ALUMINUM NO!

Distilled water and a biocide, (killcoil or PHN/PT Nuke or Deadwater) is what you want.

Find a radiator with NO aluminum in it and you are fine.

EDIT: Pump is possibly an aluminum head, must not use that.

If you do use the aluminum, you want a 30-50% solution on antifreeze and distilled AND a biocide

No, i live in Portugal , i can always try to sell this radiator and get a new one... and yes i think the pump "Block" is Aluminium.

aintifreeze ? or anticorrosion ? biocide and silver coil does the same right ? from what ive read at least.

- - - Updated - - -

I see a corrosion demon in your future using those parts especially that radiator. You have so many mixed metals, that there really isn't a way to inhibit the corrosion from happening without lessening the cooling properties of distilled water. Using a cooling additive over time will also do damage to the pump, cpu block and just gunk everything up to a point that there is no reverse aside from just tossing everything out.

Should have saved some money and purchased tried and true parts from well known manufactures.

In any event good luck with that.

i can always sell this Rad and get a full cooper. but i will still have a pump whit aluminium block.

Biocides will inhibit bacterial growth, not stop corrosion. My suggestion is to sell all the parts, save some more money and purchase tried and true watercooling parts from reputable companies and not some chinese/korean knockoffs.

Read the beginners guide to watercooling sticky my man... you have much to learn (as we all did when starting out)!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Water-Cooling-Your-PC-***-READ-THIS-FIRST-***

Just did . very good tips.

so if i get a full Copper RAD and exchange the block on the pump to a non aluminum ill be aluminium free.

and if i cant get a block for that pump :confused:

from what ive read in the guide , ill might be ok whit a 120.2 but it might be bether to look for a 120.3 , extra advise pls :) , i will only cool the CPU for now, but if i expand probably it will be the MB not the GPU.

looking @ Xspc Rads atm.

EDIT:. CPU: AMD fx-9370

No reason to WC the MB. Expensive and no great gains. Get fans to blow on the heatsinks "IF" you have a MB Mosfet heat problem.

Copper and brass is what good rads are made of, no need for pure copper rad, pricey.

Again, I'll repeat what I said earlier.

Stainless, copper, brass, nickle are all fine together.

Always get as much rad as you can afford, you can run quieter fans and have some room to upgrade.

Read up on more of our stickies as you figure out what to do. Lot's of important facts there. If you would of read first (most first timers don't) then you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Ohh, :welcome: to OCF, and you live in a Beautiful Country. I went there once for a day, I lived in Spain back in the early 1980's.

No reason to WC the MB. Expensive and no great gains. Get fans to blow on the heatsinks "IF" you have a MB Mosfet heat problem.

Copper and brass is what good rads are made of, no need for pure copper rad, pricey.

Again, I'll repeat what I said earlier.

Stainless, copper, brass, nickle are all fine together.

Always get as much rad as you can afford, you can run quieter fans and have some room to upgrade.

Read up on more of our stickies as you figure out what to do. Lot's of important facts there. If you would of read first (most first timers don't) then you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Ohh, :welcome: to OCF, and you live in a Beautiful Country. I went there once for a day, I lived in Spain back in the early 1980's.

thanks. , going to talk to the shop owner that i bought the pump, and see if any of pump cases he haves avaliable non aluminium that fits that pump.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/XSPC..._77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9
or
http://fr.aliexpress.com/store/product/EX360-Multiport-Radiator/933148_32313973149.html

last link is in french ... cant place it to english.

been studying this RAD Roundup , can anyone tell me if theres more Rad roundups i should look ?

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/10/

I apreciate everyone that is trying to help me and advise me in the right direction , i came here cause i had doubts and i was confused, now iam more aware and i have will to learn , if not i would ask stuff and or reserch stuff to be able to learn, and more important i listen to ppl advise.

if anyone could help about the RAD iam all ears.

THANKS, Pulsarius.

i found a guy in my country selling this for a good price as new he haves a 360 and a 480.

Phobya G-Changer v2 360.
Phobya G-Changer v2 480.

from the roundup ive seen this seams to be a good RAD , am i wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're going in the right direction. That Phobya 360 or the 480 is the way to go if you can grab one. So far so good :) Now the block and pump are another problem.

For the block you want copper one. Or a copper bottom with acrylic top. The pump either a D5 or DDC. Don't forget a resevior. Reseviors come in all shapes and sizes. You'll need to pick one that goes with the pump you choose. You'll also need tubing, clamps and of course the distilled water. Starts to get pricey.

Why don't you just get a kit instead? Kits will include everything except the distilled water and are a great way to start. There are also AIO ( All-in-one) coolers like Corsiar's Hydro series or a swiftech h220x. The swiftech is expandable which you can add a GPU block down the line if you choose. The Corsair is not.

You're going in the right direction. That Phobya 360 or the 480 is the way to go if you can grab one. So far so good :) Now the block and pump are another problem.

For the block you want copper one. Or a copper bottom with acrylic top. The pump either a D5 or DDC. Don't forget a resevior. Reseviors come in all shapes and sizes. You'll need to pick one that goes with the pump you choose. You'll also need tubing, clamps and of course the distilled water. Starts to get pricey.

Why don't you just get a kit instead? Kits will include everything except the distilled water and are a great way to start. There are also AIO ( All-in-one) coolers like Corsiar's Hydro series or a swiftech h220x. The swiftech is expandable which you can add a GPU block down the line if you choose. The Corsair is not.

Just Bought the Rads from that guy, the 360 G-Changer v2 and the 480 Gchanger V2 for 100$+- both.
they are as new the guy aparently does Reviews and the just useded them to review and they went back ito the box.

as for the Cpu block i will not be able to exchage it and the pump aswell its cash that i dont have.

the CPU block its Copper on the bottom and Brass on the top. :.

"Specification:.
Materials: bottom red copper + Upper brass + stainless steel buckle
Surface treatment outside finish : Nickel plated
Copper column treatment: Silver plated

Copper column number: 2850

The cutting depth: 2.6MM
Cover Size: 55mm*55mm±2%
Bottom Size: 49mm*49mm±2%

as for the pump i have to stick whit it , i can always try to get a non aluminium pump block or sell it and get another.

Specification:
1. Voltage: 8-12V DC
2. Material: POM + Aluminium case
3. Maximum head: 7M
4. Maximum flow: 1200L/H
5. Body size: 92*70*82mm
6. Net weight: 850g
7. Terminal: small 3pin + big 4D. Support speed control.

BTW this is the antifreeze i have @home any good ?
if it is the anti-freeze you guys talk about.
2.jpg

"it haves anti-corrosion agaist all type of metals and alloys , including aluminium." its what says in the descripiton label.

Pulsa: From your PM to me, just ask here instead.

I have no idea about the anti-freeze you have. Back in the old days late 1990's and early 2000's folks talked about Volkswagen antifreeze and I think Toyota as good stuff. One was blue, one was red. They said it was the best ones to use. Otherwise I don't have a clue, never used that stuff.

No luck on the pump top? Didn't think you would have any luck. Best bet is to return the pump, save and buy a better pump and use distilled water. You don't have to watercool right away right?

What about a DDC 3.2/3.25? A Swiftech pump MCP 35x/50x? A D5 basic? A D5 Vario?

Back