• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, in coolant auditions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pulsa: From your PM to me, just ask here instead.

I have no idea about the anti-freeze you have. Back in the old days late 1990's and early 2000's folks talked about Volkswagen antifreeze and I think Toyota as good stuff. One was blue, one was red. They said it was the best ones to use. Otherwise I don't have a clue, never used that stuff.

No luck on the pump top? Didn't think you would have any luck. Best bet is to return the pump, save and buy a better pump and use distilled water. You don't have to watercool right away right?

What about a DDC 3.2/3.25? A Swiftech pump MCP 35x/50x? A D5 basic? A D5 Vario?

dont think he will acept returns if nothings wrong whit the product when it arrives, when the pump arrives i will try to figure if i can get a non aluminium for it .

if not i will just use the antifreeze i have that haves anti metal / alloy inibitors including Aluminium + silver coil .

Dont need it right away cause i still need to figure where i will place everything inside de case , and set a suport for the rad outside the case.

Looking closer at the specs and pictures, looks like delryn possiby for the pump top. Give it a slight scratch on the outside bottom when you get it. Bet it's delryn plastic.

Looking closer at the specs and pictures, looks like delryn possiby for the pump top. Give it a slight scratch on the outside bottom when you get it. Bet it's delryn plastic.

in a few days , ill start a new thread , whit my pc assembly , so you guys can give your personal opinion, on stuff placement. Rad , Res ,Pump etc. :)

this is the case that i have , its big but it sucks for cable management and watercooling, i thoung in canabalize the case and mod the crap out of it , but iam still thinking if i should get a new case next year and the the one i have like it is.
inwin_maelstrom_025__64425_zoom.JPG

i have salvage this part from a Zalman Z3 plus that is holding the fan , i thinking to use it as a outside rad holder on the back/outside of the case.
Z3_series_21.jpg

To explain what iam talking about i took some pictures ... not assembled in place ... for that i still need to make 2 holes for screws in the back of the case to properly apply that salvaged support.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

To ghetto style ? xD

Not a bad idea, but those Zalman Z3 tabs/bracket are not designed to hold so much weight and I would advise not to use them. Once that radiator is filled with water, those Z3 tabs are just going to snap. Best if you use strong metal.

Not a bad idea, but those Zalman Z3 tabs/bracket are not designed to hold so much weight and I would advise not to use them. Once that radiator is filled with water, those Z3 tabs are just going to snap. Best if you use strong metal.

thats excaly what iam afraid off !!!
the cheapest i could find was this(it haves a big discount):.
http://www.aquatuning.pt/refrigerac...ator-stand-black-triple-3x120mm-bricky?c=8955

and it will look a lot uglyer aswell . i was just thinking to place the rad in that position so it keeps supplyed whit fresh air from the side.

Or make one like the z3 but out of metal.

Decisions , decisions :)

Last edited:
If you have a cheap 120mm fan just cut out the inside so you have an empty frame. Screw that to the rear exhaust fan position and attach the rad to that. Even better if you find a 120 X 30mm fan for a bit extra space. Hang your rad directly off the back.

If you have a cheap 120mm fan just cut out the inside so you have an empty frame. Screw that to the rear exhaust fan position and attach the rad to that. Even better if you find a 120 X 30mm fan for a bit extra space. Hang your rad directly off the back.

as you can see a bit up of you reply my case have a 120mm fan hole in the back, but, iam "afraid" that by placing the RAD like that i will lower the rad preformance cause it will be reciving Hot air from inside the case (GPU,PSU,CPU,MB) that is the reason i wanted to place in the position i took the pictures, i will talk to a guy that have an aluminium Company , for him to sell me some leftovers for me to build a piece like in the picturesbut out of metal , so i can sleep at night whit no fear that the rad fell into the ground and turn my pc into an aquarium :D

Puls... you are not in need of every single degree C... mounting on the back of the shell of a fan is a solid idea. It may not be perfect, but I would bet you would barely notice a difference. ;)

Actually it is pretty common or at least was before all the neat new hardware came out as water cooling became a bit more popular. Check out ..... here is something similar made by Swiftech only $20 US....... If you are on a tight budget why buy when you can tear a fan apart for free. If you bought the two rads linked above you have plenty of rad regaurdless which you decide to use. If you are worried about performance use the bigger. Something you have not mentioned are you planning to Overclock your CPU or just run it at stock. These chips run hot as you already have seen overclocking will add to your heat and again can reflect your choice of rad you use.

rad.gif

http://www.swiftech.com/mcb-120radbox.aspx

Actually it is pretty common or at least was before all the neat new hardware came out as water cooling became a bit more popular. Check out ..... here is something similar made by Swiftech only $20 US....... If you are on a tight budget why buy when you can tear a fan apart for free. If you bought the two rads linked above you have plenty of rad regaurdless which you decide to use. If you are worried about performance use the bigger. Something you have not mentioned are you planning to Overclock your CPU or just run it at stock. These chips run hot as you already have seen overclocking will add to your heat and again can reflect your choice of rad you use.

View attachment 171478

http://www.swiftech.com/mcb-120radbox.aspx

Hello :), if iam not able to get the aluminum strip from that guy to fabricate it , ill defenatly use that option.

mean while , i was searching for cases , and i saw this :.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352053

to bad the "Fractal ARC-XL" doesnt come in white only black case, i would have more room , but that case in the link :O super modular , and perfect for what i wanted to do whit a more refined build , WC and RED/Black/white colours.(to bad my MB as blue in it , but that can be moded :D.

EDIT:.
and it fits a tick 360 rad in the front or top.
i7_020415.png

my system:.

MB-MSI 990FXA GD-80 (blue heat disipators) (might repaint it to Red)
CPU- AMD-FX9370 (Black cpu WC Block)
mem- G-Skill Trident-X ddr3@2400 (Red Cooling fins)
GPU- MSI 390 Gamming 8g (Colour Black / RED)
Tubbing is red ATM , but if i get that fractal case i will change them to white and try something a little bit hardcore ... rigid tubbing :O ( but that will be months from now :) .

EDIT 2 :.
but i think ill go whit this one , simply cause i can place the HDD´s and SSD in the back and the "window" is bigger , ill sacrifice the White case :( its only avaliable in black.
http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s-window

Last edited:
Back