• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help indentify DDR4 Micron Die type

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sacekusha

Hi, i just bought bunch of chinese LOWAY ddr4 8gb sticks, and im trying to adjust timings on my ryzen with that calculator, but Thaiphoon Burner doesnt say what die it is,
i spent whole evening googleing but couldnt figure it out, is anyone here smarter than me and can figure out what die it is?

micron-die.jpg

IMG-20200826-014352.jpg

Overall im quite happy with them i guess, they have rough timings, but are FAR better than my kingstone hyperX savage that i had, it has lower timings but overclocks awfully! I put Loway high timings in hyperX so i can compare them, and hyper goes max to 2666 1,35v with 19-19-19-43! Its xmp rated at 2400 with 12-14-14 at 1,35, at 1,2 it does max 2133 13-13-13, anyway windows didnt even boot at 2800 with 19 timings same as Loway, whilke with loway, on 1,2v i menaged to get up to 3600 (when it bugged out), but 3400 was perfectly stable with 19 timings, which i am to tune up with ryzen dram calculator, but need to figure out which dye it is

Another thing, this ram works on my ryzen system, but wont work on aliexpress Huananzhi gaming X99 Xeon platform :/ Is it possible its due to some bios settings? There are bunch of them i never seen before, should i even bother?

Looks like E-die as Johan said.
I have no idea what motherboard do you have but on better motherboards pretty much every E-die can make at least DDR4-4400 CL18-26-26. If you go for DDR4-3600 then in the worst case it will be something like 18-22-22 but typically should run at 16-18-18 or 16-19-19 1.35-1.40V. Sub-timings can't be adjusted much. Focus on tRFC as at auto it will be way too high.
Microns don't really like tight sub timings and you won't make much with manual tweaking. I wouldn't waste time on ryzen dram calc but it's me. I see that those who have no idea how to set memory are even using it in reviews what is pretty sad.

Back