• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me ascend my friend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sand dan Glokta

Registered
Hey guys, I have a friend who's thinking about ascending from console to PC. He wants to use the PC for streaming, editing, and gaming. Thing is, he can only spend $800 max. He needs this PC to last him a few years at least. He wants to play and stream at 1080p. And I can't really figure out a good build for him without going over $800. I need your guys' help.

Edit: He needs a copy of windows. He does NOT need a monitor or mouse and keybaord.
Everything will be purchased from Amazon most likely, U.S.

Appreciate it :D

Last edited:
Where are you planning to buy from? Off the top of my head you might manage a 240GB SSD, 1TB storage, budget mobo, i5 7400, GTX 1060 6gb? But depends on other requirements like does he need windows, monitor, keyboard, mouse? All that. (PS, the 'stream' part makes me worried as he may want an i7 which is hard for his budget)

I'm in Aus so it's hard for me to imagine a build too easily without a reference website XD. (The above build in Aus costs 1200+ with windows, etc)

Where are you planning to buy from? Off the top of my head you might manage a 240GB SSD, 1TB storage, budget mobo, i5 7400, GTX 1060 6gb? But depends on other requirements like does he need windows, monitor, keyboard, mouse? All that. (PS, the 'stream' part makes me worried as he may want an i7 which is hard for his budget)

I'm in Aus so it's hard for me to imagine a build too easily without a reference website XD. (The above build in Aus costs 1200+ with windows, etc)

Sorry about that, I just updated the post with what he doesn't need.

I appreciate the suggestions but my friend just told me he'll be building in the summer and will save up more money. By then we shall see what Ryzen and vega bring to the table too.

Back