• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

hey guys i am looking at buying this board i want a really good video card for it what card do you guys suggest
for the card i am willing to spend mabey $400 give or take

or should i do two cards thet will work together
(i really dont know much about PCI express or SLI)

help me out here
thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, get a 6800GT. Then you will have the SLI option open and you have a clear upgrade path if SLI is shown to be worthwhile. It is still kind of up in the air whether SLI is worth the bucks.

GML3G0 said:
< $350 actually.

I spent $379 for a Leadtech one from Newegg. Seems to be working wonderfully right now. Still adding everything into the system before I start overclocking it though.

ok to be more spacific my question is what card exactle
i dont know the difference between PCI x 16
or what ever else there is that is PCI

i remember the old PCI(before AGP)
but is there different types of PCI express?
i think there is PCIe, PCIx
and so on
am i right?
and if i am what card do i look for
you see what i have... this will be for a friend

PCIx is a different standard which is not used for vid cards. PCIe x16 is the video card standard and any video card that is listed as PCIe will use that type of slot. There are other PCIe slots that are not x16 (x1 and x4) but video cards are not made for them so they are also not a concern.

Back