• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide between a few cases!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Hey all,

For the first time in a few years I'll be moving my main computer from an open-air benching station back into a normal computer case -- I figure I should do it before my son starts crawling around and could get his fingers in places where they shouldn't be!

My requirements:
  • Less than $150 unless it's something incredible
  • I will most likely need a full tower-sized case as I have an EATX-sized motherboard and it seems to be pretty much a requirement outside of a few exceptions.
  • I don't want/need lights
  • A window is nice, but not required
  • Relatively quiet operation with good airflow
  • Easy cable management
  • Watercooling is a non-issue (I don't have any plans to do so)
  • Black is preferable for color

My current research has taken me to look at:
Corsair Carbide Air5 40
Corsair 760T
Corsair 750D
Phanteks Enthoo Pro

If shipped amazon prime would be preferable, the Enthoo is OOS on amazon with the window.

I'm leaning towards the Phanteks, but am open to any opinions or other options that I may have missed.

I love the Air 540 I have. Its a cube so there is TONS of room in the back side for sloppy cable management. 3x120mm up front, 2x 120/140 up top and 1x120/140 on the rear. It manages to keep a 4930K, and a 295x2 cooled with rads in those locations. :)

Ended up deciding on the Enthoo Pro, it came in stock on Amazon this morning and couldn't pass it up. The only real issue appears to be taking a chance that the plexiglass isn't scratched when you receive it. So fingers crossed. If it doesn't end up working out I'll probably send it back and go for the Air5 40 :)

I personally like the looks/features of the Enthoo Pro and Luxe. The Corsair 750D is really nice too. Great choice Janus.

I recently grabbed an Enthoo Pro as well. Loved the full modularity of it (EVERYTHING comes off!!) and the cable management space/options. Made for an extremely clean build. Included fans were a little louder than my previous case (Fractal Arc Midi R2). Not sure if they provided the same or better airflow (if I had to guess, I'd same close to the same).

Full disclosure: I did end up returning the case. Had nothing to do with a dislike (I really had none). Just decided to change things up and go a different direction (smaller size, lower wattage, matx) with the build and didn't need all the space in the Enthoo Pro. If I ever go back to a mid-full tower, it will definitely be at the top of my list. You made an excellent choice, Janus :thup:

Back