• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Decipher this Computer. (big image inside 161kb)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Help Me Decipher this Computer. (big image inside 161kb)
Ok I looked in the Abit MB section, then checked the Intel CPU Section, then thought maybe the Ram Section or and decided hell this is a general computer thing that some people might have some fun with.

This machine is for my Mother, she has been running a Compaq PII 300 machine with 256mb of PC100 ram and an antique 6.4gb drive.

I came across this machine on a news group and picked it up for her. Now I never used anthing with these specs. I have never even seen an ABit board so I am hoping some people can help me figure out what I can tweak with this machine maybe even point me to a place to give me the specs on this board. Hell I will bet a few of you even know the specs good or bad on this board.

Next up, how does this CPU run, how much of an OC do you think I should be able to get out of it. It looks to me that it is running 700mhz / 100mhz bus, the ram is 512mb of PC133 total in the machine. I tried to OC it even a tiny bit and it froze up solid. It is a socket 370CPU on a Slocket to fit in a Slot 1 board.

So lets have some fun, What can you guys tell me about this setup. If you want a screenshot from something else let me know and just for the hell of it I will run diffrent appys and post screen shots.

By now the pic should have loaded.

newmachine.JPG

Last edited:
hmm... i got the first line "CPU-z" loaded after i finished your little speech...

maybe you should write more to make that last statement true? :p!

...or resize :)

Ok I moved the pic to a much faster server. File should take less than a second for someone on broadband to load.

All I know about the machine is

Abit Board,
P3 700 CPU
512mb ram
40gig Maxtor Drive
32mb DDR Geforce Card
52X Creative CD Rom Drive

I got the entire machien for 220$ CDN thats about 140$ USD.

What Abit board is it?

Most 700Es will do 933 (7x 133FSB) if the board has a 1/4 PCI divider, especially if you have PC133 memory in it.

meh, figure out what mobo it is, install cpuFSB select the mobo maker, the mobo model pump that FSB upto 133Mhz ;)

according to those screens you have an abit be6-II. they were the king OC board of its time. i know the be6-II v2.0 can take any PIII that runs on 100-133mhz bus up to 1ghz but you have the be6-II v1.1 i'm not sure if it accepts the same speed cpus. abits website only states that it will accept up to 800mhz PIII

the be6-II came with onboard IDE raid, accepts up to 768mb pc133 ram.

this system should be a nice step up for your mother.

even with how old those mobos are i still see them sell for $50-60 on ebay. more then some new mobos.

here is a link to abits specs on it. since it is discontinued they don't keep much info on it but you can kind of get an idea.
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=118

Man you guys are awesome. I am installing a wireless nic into the machine tonight so I will see about tweaking the settings. I am not sure what someone meant about 1/4 pci setting. But I am guessing it refers to locking the PCI bus down to 100 or something. I will check for that kind of setting.

768mb of ram really is not that much, as it has 512mb in it now but I think it will be enough for her to use as a web browsing, email machine. She only plays minimal web based games with it.

1/4 PCI divider means the PCI bus will be 1/4 of the FSB. At 100FSB you use the 1/3 divider (100mhz/3=33.33mhz). At 133 you'd use the 1/4 divider (133mhz/4=33.33mhz).

Back