• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get Fallout 3 running

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kommanderkodiak

The road so far...

1) deleted music folder

2) black listed fallout 3 in FFDshow

3) Reinstalled both klite mega and x64 packs and set LAV as the default decoder

4) changed the bEnablethreadedai=1 and added the line iNumHWThreads=2 under that in the fallout.ini under MY DOCUMENTS on the C drive (game is on my SSD on S drive)

5) set .ogg as a file to be used by windows media player

6) set windows media player as my default player

7) uninstalled any other media players present

All of the above have not worked the game freezes after the birthing scene (when the baby steps sequence starts) and right away once load a file past the birthing sequence.

It only works when i disable the sound in the fallout.ini file.
when i get to the birthday party I cannot move until i type in console "enableplayercontrols" but i had no issues during the baby steps sequence.

There are scripting errors, specifically Dad wont let me out of the party room cause hes stuck conversing with the guy on the intercom, when i speak to the guy on the intercom he says, "hey can you put your dad on" at which point my game is stuck zoomed on the intercom and the dialogue just hangs there im unable to move even after reusing "enableplayercontrols"

Other things of note:
1) I Noticed that the projector slide changing noise is absent from beginning menu of the game when i have sound enabled

2) When i start a new game with audio enabled there is no audio at all during the birthing scene and then the game crashes when it starts up the bay steps level.

3) The first time i launched the game it worked perfectly i got to baby steps no problem had npc character audio

4) This is fallout 3 Game of the year edition (GOTY) and its through steam, steam is also on S drive

*Update*
I used noclip to get through the party scene and have made it out into the wasteland, i also enabled audio once out in the wasteland and the game appears to play fine however i lack most of the games sound effects occasionally i hear a chirp or weird pipboy noise while using that or the vats sound effect only for an instant though, the game menu buttons make a clicking noise when used any ideas

Back