• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HELP ME TO CHOICHE A MB FOR MY SISTEM:D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exemplar

Registered
Hy guys i have that components home!!!
Motherboard:Asus m5a88-v Evo
Source:Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 600W, ATX2.3
Cpu:AMD Phenom II X4 960T BE
Cpu cooler:Thermaltake Silver Arrow
Ram:Corsair kit Vengeance Blue (2x4gb)
HDD:WD 500GB BE
Video:Asus HD6850 v2 OC

BUT I WANT TO CHANGE MY MB....with other because i cant unlock my cpu became 1 core is off the number 5 core and with five core its untable....i get oc maxim 4.2ghz with maxim temperatur 40max degrade with 24 degrade in my room.....its good but i can unlock....its recomanded to keep that mb or change with one that is in this list:
1:Asus M5A99X-EVO, Socket AM3+
2:ASRock 970 EXTREME4, socket AM3+
3:Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, socket AM3+
4:MSI 990FXA-GD65, socket AM3+
5:AsRocK 990FX Extreme 3 Socket AM3+

what its recomanded for change m5a88-v evo...? with 1 of that 5 i can change with my bugget :grouphug:

i used the Asus SaberTooth P67 and ive got not complaints about it and it seems to run really well for me

i used the Asus SaberTooth P67 and ive got not complaints about it and it seems to run really well for me
yes bro but i dont have bugget for sabertooth :|....only for that five mb....and i need a am3+ soket not intel soket bro....:p i want to change only a mb

you are sure its the best options to change m5a88-v evo? and this gigabyte have a core unlock options?

i need 1 admin expert in amd have an word for that question? what is the best mb for my pc and have core unloker and if i change my m5a88-v evo i have some to win?or keep that and its fine...?

Last edited:
exemplar said:
BUT I WANT TO CHANGE MY MB....with other because i cant unlock my cpu became 1 core is off the number 5 core and with five core its untable....

IF you did a little search here in even just this forum, you would see many people with 960T cpus that will not work with all 6 cores unlocked. Plus they have to give a good shot of extra Vcore just to get 5 cores of the 960T to work. The longer the 960Ts are made and sold...the LESS likely they are to unlock and AMD is really not worried now with the FX-series of processor being the emphasis.

The board you have will unlock a 'just locked' 960T. But if the cores were disabled because they were BAD, then no motherboard is going to repair bad cores.

NOTE: the 880 chipset boards are more likely to unlock, locked cores than the later 990 chipset boards as AMD has pulled all support for unlocking of cpus.

I surely would n0t buy another mobo hoping and thinking or wishing it would unlock a locked cpu and 'every' core work when the motherboard I already have will unlock just locked good cores. Chances are very good that all you will have is two boards that will allow use of one extra core and to make it stable (if possible) you will have to put some real high Vcore to the cpu.

M5A88-V EVO

Maximized performance & energy optimization with Dual Intelligent Processors

•AM3+ CPU Support Ready
•Dual Intelligent Processors - TPU & EPU
•Core Unlocker - Unlock the Potential, Turbocharge your Performance!

Home > Motherboards > AMD AM3+ > AMD 880G/SB850 > M5A88-V EVO
CPU, Chipset and Graphics features:

Core Unlocker
Intelligently Unlocks True Core Performance
ASUS Core Unlocker simplifies the activation of a latent AMD® CPU—with just a simply switch. Enjoy an instant performance boost by simply unlocking the extra cores, without performing complicated BIOS changes.

I buy a AMD FX-6100 what mb you recomand to me???
I have buget for that five mb:

I buy a AMD FX-6100 what mb you recomand to me???
I have buget for that five mb:

AsRocK 990FX Extreme 3 Socket AM3+ << has full 990FX chipset for more lanes for video cards and still has core unlocker for earlier cpus but not the FX series since they do NOT unlock.

Back