• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! my pc wont boot up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeori1

Registered
Well this morning i turned my pc on and i gert the message

DDR2-800 MHZ ungaged mode
Press altf8 to run flash
Press del to run bios post message
Installing usb drives for keyboard
Installing usb for mouse...

Computer will shut down in 15 sec

What is this? last night i didnt do anything at all just browsed internet and played some games.
How do i solve this?

Who ever helps me solve it will be rewarded.

Well this morning i turned my pc on and i gert the message

DDR2-800 MHZ ungaged mode
Press altf8 to run flash
Press del to run bios post message
Installing usb drives for keyboard
Installing usb for mouse...

Computer will shut down in 15 sec

What is this? last night i didnt do anything at all just browsed internet and played some games.
How do i solve this?

Who ever helps me solve it will be rewarded.

I would go into my bios, load default settings, and see if that helps you. Also go over this link it goes more into ungaged mode/gaged mode.http://www.overclock.net/amd-memory/324052-ganged-vs-unganged-mode.html

yeah i looked up online. do you think this is serious like one of my parts is dead or something?

Not sure could be a lot of things, if you reset the CMOS that will switch the bios to its default state, it will tell you in the manual how to reset it! As it can be slightly different if you prefer just disconnect the power cable from your PC and remove the small battery from the motherboard for say 15mins!

Did you download anything yesterday or get any virus warnings, back in the day I had a virus that just black screened you on bootup!

i reseted cmos by presing reset button same thing. LAst night i playyed warhammer worked fine shutted it down went to bed. If its a virus how can i fix it?

As it can be slightly different if you prefer just disconnect the power cable from your PC and remove the small battery from the motherboard for say 15mins!

Listen to this man. Try it his way. In addition I would reset your CMOS with the battery out the way the manual says.

What Mobo do you have anyway?

So your board has a CMOS reset button on the motherboard, OK thats good!

Some boards have a dual bios chip, so check the manual! Or you could try booting your Windows CD on startup if it works, then run a repair on your Operating system! Might work!

Unsure how you would go about getting rid of a virus from boot, without reinstalling your OS! Have you checked the forums on your motherboards site!

Listen to this man. Try it his way. In addition I would reset your CMOS with the battery out the way the manual says.

What Mobo do you have anyway?

Yes! I have tried CMOS resets up too three times before something has happened, and that was doing it old school with the three pins/jumpers etc!

i removed the battery now i am waiting 10 minutes hope it works could it be that battery died

I think the battery is just for the BIOS internal clock etc! It should boot without it I think!

have you pressed ALT+F8 on that screen you get, I know this will probably be to flash the BIOS, but perhaps you could download the bios file from your board manafacturers website and flash the BIOS to a newer version or get a back up of the one you have already!

So let me know:

1. will your OS disk boot?

2. and did the Reset work?

Last edited:
not working still. can i press the reset button while computer is plugged in because the button is green

yeah flashing didnt work and when i dowload new bios how to iload it.

If it was me no, I presume you mean the machine is off but the power is plugged in, but I have never owned a board with a resetbutton on it to reset the CMOS so unsure about that! But normally doing it with the power cable in is a no no!

i do have that. ima get win cd now. when i press alt f2 to reset didnt do much.
should i taker it to the shop have pros look at it?

Well I am starting to think it may be hardware related, if you have more than one stick of ram then try starting the PC with only one stick in then swap with the other stick and try again just incase one of them is dud!

p.s there are loads more experienced people than me on here, so if you hold out someone might be able help! I am in UK, but some of the other guys and gals on here are really good, if they cant help you then you will have no choice but take it to get fixed!

Back