• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HELP* need help overclocking my processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Neither of those motherboards have 'even' an I/O shileld with them, not to mention the other cabels and such usually with a new mobo. I/O shield goes around the Usb, Video or whatever sticks out the back of the case.

MSI video cards are sort of in the doghouse around the places I hang out at right now. But the 750i cards are all mighty cheap and within 10bucks of each other last I looked.

Okay well I'm kinda at a stand still I guess. I was told to get one of those two mobos, is that not a good choice or is it a good choice to buy them new? I don't know what to do on these parts.

Okay well I'm kinda at a stand still I guess. I was told to get one of those two mobos, is that not a good choice or is it a good choice to buy them new? I don't know what to do on these parts.
Rgone was saying that those 2 boards do not have an I/O shield included with them, not that they weren't good boards.

For $5.00 more get this one new M5A99X Evo it will run the 8320 up to around 4.5 if need be and I would get this gpu for for $20.00 more R9 270x
it will out perform the 750ti by a significant margin.

That GPU is looking pretty nice, also wanted to ask because i think im mixing up the mobo's. Which one would be the one to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m1132X509988X504b3ef5c813506c5b9242f1cae5bcbc

or

http://www.bestdealzprice.com/asus-asus-sabertooth-990fx-motherboard-p-10474.html

Sorry for the confusion on this. I think this is what was messing me up. I'm thinking the first link is the one. As far as the GPU I think I will try to aim for that one you linked me. Its just the prices are so darn high.

Get the sabretooth board. Also, you want at least a 270X not a plan 270.
You can save by going with an M5A99X and pick up an GTX 760 which is what I consider the minimum for decent performance these days.

Both of those are good MOBOs & like Mandrake said all RGone was saying is that those 2 that you looked at were for the mopbo only. New is the way to go for a few $ only.

I have both boards & they work great.

Well I don't mind just the mobo unless they come with other accessories then I want them but I have the ram and what not for it to run. Like I said before I cant afford the high end GPU/board like I want so im trying to get the best that I can.

I hesitate to even write this since I have already ticked off one poster today, by saying the truth. But here goes.

Honestly you keep pulling up these prices that are on the surface pretty cheap. But they are from places that none of us know jack squat about. Are they scam sites? Who knows. This link you gave us leads to a blurry picture of an Sabertooth 990FX mobo alright enough, but it says If one wants to know anything else about the board to click a LINK. I click link and it takes me to Amazon Com where the NEW Sabertooths are $169.00 like every where and they show 7 for sale USED for $149.00 not a single $129.00 board shown and it is the USED that is problematic as they do not normally have all the parts that close up the drafty hole around the I/O ports at rear of case where board outlets stick thru. I see people ask where they can get that I/O shileld plenty of times after buying used and that shield can cost give or take $10.00 and 6 or 7 dollars to ship it. Well there is nearly $20.00 and the cheap price is not really so cheap anymore than for a new one. Up to you.

I don't know that any of us has suggested actually that you get that Gigabyte board. But you keep asking about it and we mostly keep ignoring it. It is not one that we are suggesting. You want it you get it. End of story about Gigabyte board.

Right here in this post is the most economical suggestion given that we KNOW works fine and we KNOW how to tweak the setup.

So those are very very spot on suggestions that are likely not going to be changed by us. We are suggesting/recommending known values not something we have no idea at all about.

That said, the money spent is yours and not ours. You know what you will spend. That is fine. But we are not likely to lower our recommendations just to hit a price point. That defeats the purpose of tryiing to recommend the best for the least as we "understand" it from experience.

Luck man and hope all works out fine and all.
RGone...ster.

Something doesn't feel right about that best deals price on the Sabertooth I don't recall ever seeing one for 129.00 even used? Is that board new?

I hesitate to even write this since I have already ticked off one poster today, by saying the truth. But here goes.

RGone...ster.

Don't worry about it. I do it on a daily basis. Some people can't handle the truth.

~Scott..ster :D

So did the research and that r9 270x is better then what is expected to play watch dogs and I know theres better but this will do for now. Question is I know it was said that my board I have now isn't good for OC but is there any way I can push it to atleast 4.0GHz or as close to that as I can get if its possible.

Okay so it is the saphire that I will be getting for 175.00 here a local pick up.

Okay so you are getting a Sapphire 270x?
If so, it'll run 1250+Mhz core, and up to 1600Mhz memory all at a tad higher than stock voltage. Around 1.26 to be extra safe.

They will also run at 1150 Mhz core and 1500 Mhz memory undervolted to 1.19 volts.

Stock is 1.24 volts.
Although, to "unlock" the voltage lower, you'll need to mod it's BIOS.

Of course, every card is different, so yours might not OC as high as mine.
See how the whole rig runs first before tinkering with the GPU anyway :)

Back