• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed, big time. Driver issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

Well, my laptop had this occasional problem that would plauge it, the "my computer" would take forever to load, the green bar at the top of the explorer window would never quite fill up completely and nothing would pop up (no drives or anything) on the screen.

The little magnifying glasses on the left organization panel would go around in circles around all of the main directories, libraries, favorites, homegroup, computer.

I finally know what caused this because it just happened to my new computer.

Frantically looking for a file I insterted a 8GB DaneElec USB drive that I've had for years.

The little symbol in the task bar that occasionally pops up that says "Dectecting device" and "installing drivers" and all of that, not verbatim because I don't entirely remember what it says but you know the one, came up when I put it in.

I went to my computer to look at the contents of the drive for the file in which I seek and it had the symptoms I previously described in my laptop.

Gotcha, you faulty driver.

So my question is, where do I find the most recently installed (automatically installed) driver and how do I remove it without doing a system restore?

I'm throwing this USB drive in the garbage.

Thanks.

Back