• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help needed volt modding an 9800 se Aiw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karlmcwade

Registered
hi i am looking to volt mod my Hercs 9800 se Aiw which is water cooled by a maze 4 gpu block with 1/2 inch fittings
I have ram sinks on the mem and lots of case airflow (gotta love 190cmf delta's) so i,m looking for a volt mod for the mem and the gpu.

Can anyone help me

Last edited:
OMG a reply

hi thanks for the reply
my card is the 256bit mem version and it does do 380 core and 330 mem stock and it does unlock the pipelines to pro

I can get it to 430 core and 400 mem stable (nature looping tests) but i want faster still as i not upgrading this card until R520 is mainstream.

Do you recon that volt mods would get my card much faster or are they not worth the hassle, what gains could i expect another 40mhz on core and maybe tighter timmings on the mem or is this asking too much.

looks like we have the same gfx card then, mines same brand and 256bit. my core is 378 and mem is 337.5mhz, the max speed i can get from core is 390core and 365mem.

like yours as far as overvolting go's have no idea what you may expect just make sure you cool your memory correctly mine gets very hot even at stock speeds. well i say at stock the memory that was put on the card is 3.3ns and is set to run at teh frequency of what the 2.8ns memory on teh 9800pro is ment to be at stock.

p.s i take it you got 430mhz on the core without teh softmod? because my overclock is alot lower with the soft mod then without but having the softmod get better performance. if your not sure download ati tool

Last edited:
Back