• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Setup - Components OK? ... which pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmmm...just read this. When I set my system up I researched this. Where did you get your info from? From what I recall the PA 120.2 was just as good if not better than other 3 fan rads...including the swifty.

I forgot the exact source, I believe over at xtreme forums they did the tests, google it and you should find it pretty simply. Currently on a mobile so I can't cut and paste

Thanks everyone for the help.

As i've been working through the component selection, i've started to read about using a Heater Core for the rad.

Can someone explain (or point to an explanation) the basics of using a double heater core, such as this one ... http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=48&cat=14&page=1#tabs

They can also be purchased at auto supply shops?

How do you mount it?

thanks again.

They are cheap. They need big fans. They need soldered at times to get the right end fittings. They need custom mods skillz.

Just buy it, no more answers, just do it.

You must be a scorpio, never make your mind up..................................

There was someone around here years ago who sold really great pre-configured cores. I don't remember his name though. Mounting? Well put it this way, one of the best presents I've ever bought myself was a case that was already drilled for the type of rad I have. :screwy:

Last edited:
thanks again for the help.

Just buy it, no more answers, just do it.
<:) lol

I really am ready to pull the trigger, but for the pump, i'm going to hold out for the DD CPX-Pro.

--
TO PROCEED
IS QUESTIONABLE.

FIX YOUR LITTLE PROBLEMS
AND LIGHT THIS CANDLE!

HE'S RIGHT.
LIGHT THIS CANDLE.

HE SURELY IS.
LIGHT IT.

YES.

RESUME
THE COUNTDOWN.

ALL SYSTEMS GO!

--The Right Stuff

I have the Liang D5 3 speed pump and mine is still quiet after 2 1/2 years. I can hear my hard drives over my 5 fans in my case. It was the first time hearing my HDD's in many years.

Back