• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help NEEDED!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manickkoul

Registered
hi guys so i bought a new ram stick of the same model for my pc nd well.. the proble is that even though the ram is 1600 mhz it wont work at the frequency or even close to that .. in cpu z it shows ram frequenci at 400 mhz !! now i get it that the ram is speed stepped so 400x2=800mhz which is still not close enough to 1600 mhz .. m really frustrated now as i tried to manually adjust the timings a bit but it was not as easy as i thought :( . so i need your help guys .. what can i do about this problem as even after a ram upgrade the app performance and boot time is still slow

Board only supports 1600 speed via overclock. You might not be able to get there based on your hardware.

That's not the list they have in the manual.

Attachments

• E6524_M5A78L-M_LX.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 355
The online QVL is probably more up to date than the manual.
I'll have to take your word for it, because I don't know. I DO know that the OP's board isn't working with those sticks though, so........when in doubt, RTFM.

11-11-11-x timings are loose as a goose. Should be doing 1600 @ 9-9-9-x.

now i dont know the names of these values but here are the values of my current timings according to my bios .....

11-11-11-28-6-39-12-5-8-1-6-1-1-160-7.8-2t

these are the timings my bios sets automatically

I would try to lower one at a time I.E.

11 to 10 on the first line if it passes and boots into windows, then try the next line down!!

11 to 10!

11 to 10!

The last one 28 to 27 then 26 till it will not boot into windows tightening Ram is about trying one digit at a time, yes its boring and long winded, but its the only way sometimes!

Good Luck.

AJ.

Just the first 4 to begin with and then always test to see if you OC is still fully stable!

AJ.

9-9-9-x is stock spec. If you can't just input those figures and boot, you have a problem somewhere.

Back