• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED help:new to RAID 0 ssd setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainman33

Hi all, I am new to setting up RAID 0, especially with ssd. I read Fritzmans sticky but was from 09 and using xp not 7. I just bought another 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 ssd now = 2. I want to install these drives in RAID 0 but just can't get it. I changed the BIOS to RAID from IDE and installed windows 7 but when in the os it only shows 1 drive. On boot, it shows both. In a nutshell can some one lead me in the right direction to figure out how to set these up in RAID 0? I just want to do it, to do it. learn more and possibly help someone else in the future.

2 x OCZ Agility 3 60 gb ssd, Rampage lll Gene, Intel Matrix installed.

Thanks for any help guys/gals :)

Did you create the raid volume after setting to raid in the bios? It should have a boot up screen that prompts you to hit a key combination to change raid configuration. (Like ctrl+I) once in there you tell it yo create a raid0 volume then go through the windows install. You will likely need to have the raid controller drivers ready for the windows setup process.

Once you are done it will show up as a single volume of approximately 120gb in windows.

HA HA! no, the Caviar is not hooked up. I installed it to the array, and it was CTRL + M to setup the RAID. What I missed was clicking next after setting up the array. I got it and it is now working properly, in fact I am replying now from the rig and don't even have the nvidia drivers installed yet! Thanks Janus and redduc! :salute:

Back