• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! No sound after mobo install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goalieman59

Registered
Installed the Asrock z77 extreme6 last night, with a new 3570k. I didnt reimage the machine, but i came from a Asus Sabertooth p67 2500k build. Everything else worked fine after activting windows, and the other misc things after changing hardware, however, windows is saying no audio devices installed. This is with the speakers plugged into the board, or through a USB headset. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers, i have checked the bios to make sure the devices are enabled, and they are. Also i have flashed the bios with the most current version, and still nothing. Can anyone help me with this? I was thinking a software issue, but i am having too many issues with sound, so now i am thinking maybe hardware. I have been told to get a sound card and just go that way, but i think the sound should work with out it.

Thanks for the help.

right click my computer, go to device manager, click the audio devices and see if there is a yellow triangle next to one of them, or see if there are any "unrecognized" devices.

you make sure the right sound device is selected? right click the speaker in the right of the taskbar and go to playback devices?

No playback devices listed, even with the headset plugged in. And there are no recording devices, with the usb headset plugged in.

did you install the chipset drivers for the new board, perhaps its running from one of the pci lanes or something not fron the z77 chip (is that really a chip? idk lol)

This is w/ Win7 x64? And I assume you're seeing the "No Audio Output Device is installed" message when hovering the mouse over the sound icon in the taskbar? I'm also assuming you have a 2-channel speaker setup plugged into the "Front Speaker" jack? Have you tried running the audio troubleshooter in Win7, and which specific audio drivers did you install for the ALC898?

It is a x64 build, with a 5.1 logitech speakers hooked up in the back it takes the green, orange and black connections. The audio troubleshooter, says it cannot find an issue. I installed the software from the disk with the motherboard, uninstalled those, downloaded the new version from the Asrock website. And i went to the reltek website and downloaded the newest codec they had and still nothing. I am going to check my services when i get home, to make sure the following ones are running. Multimedia class scheduler, remote procedure call, windows audio endpoint builder, and plug and play

you dont want the newest codec... you want the newest drivers.

then rma the board. or try afresh install of windows.

ok, thats what i was afraid of. I think i will just try a new board. I can take it back to the store and exchange it.

....i would just try to install windows on a spare disk first.

Back