• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Nom more fan plugs on the motherboard, what now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GxStorm

Hi there, I have an ASRock 970 extreme4 and an ocz fatal1ty 550W, and no more slots to plug in fans, how to i connect them to the power supply?

The case is a thermaltake v4 black edition

Depending on the fans, you may be able to use 3-pin y-splitters to use two fans per header.

What he was alluding to was the amount of power the fans consume. Mobo fan headers shouldnt really go over 1A(12W) for most mobos. You can find out the power draw by looking at the sticker on the fan.

As far as fan controllers, they range from cheap to expensive. Depends on your budget and needs.

if they are not high wattage fans you could do as matt said and get a 3pin Y splitter, which would allow you to use 2x 3pin fans on 1 3pin fan header.. again though, they cannot be high wattage fans

No need to buy anything, the PSU comes with a cable that conects to a 2 pin header that came with the fan

I guess thats it

Sorry for the triple post :S

And yes it looks like that :D

And what if I connect the fans to the PSU?
They do max RPM all the time right?

Back