• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP OC Q9400 and few upgrade Q's , FSB/MEM .. thanks a lotttt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stifa

:santa2:
Hi guys ,
I got this rig:
Intel Q9400 stock 333x8=2.6Ghz
Gigabyte MB ga-p43-es3g
http://ee.giga-byte.com/products/mb/specs/ga-p43-es3g_10.html
2x2GB kingston ddr2 800
ASUS 5830 1gb ddr5
Win7 32bit

and need a little |boost| for gaming ...so
OC processor or what? My mem ratio is 3:2 , processor fsb is 1333 and MOBO FSB is up to 1600...get new memory? I read somewhere if I OC to 400FSBx8 I will get 3.2ghz and then ratio would be 1:1 cause memory is on 800...could someone help how to do that?

I will OC graphics myself..

One question...I got Audigy 2 from previous rig somewhere, and now am using onboard integrated audio...so will installing Audigy to current rig diminish stress on processor an hopefully give me some extra fps? :)

CHEERS GUYS:comp:

In order to run the RAM at 400MHz (DDR2-800; 1:1 FSB : DRAM ratio; 333/667 NB strap) change the FSB (CPU Host Frequency (Mhz)) to 400, (G)MCH Frequency Latch to 333 (B MCH strap), and System Memory Multiplier (SPD) to 2.00. If you have problems running on the 333 B strap, change the MCH Latch to 400 w/ the System Memory Multiplier still at 2.00.

Thanks,

Cant seem to find MCH Latch settings anywhere in bios... also do I need to up the voltage and what ?

Under MIT--> DRAM Performance Control, you don't have a (G)MCH Frequency Latch setting located between Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) and System Memory Multiplier?

Back