• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help on choosing a cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m1992

Registered
Hey guys , i m currenly buying all the components for my pc , and i have bought a z68 ud4 gigabyte motherboard , and i was wondering wich cpu cooler should i buy in case i want to 16 gb of ram (4 dimms) , i really want to stick with air cooling , and i like dual fans just like the corsair a70 . but since size seems to be an issue , i don't know wich one to buy. in caise I buy the a70 i will be only using 8 gb ram ?

i7 2600k , i will keep it stock i want good temps and i will oc not higher than 4.5

Megahalems. Push/pull if possible. Never tried it on that specific board, but one of the top coolers out there.

Depends on the RAM you buy. If the RAM doesn't have tall spreaders, you can use any cooler you want. And if it does have tall spreaders, you can still use most HS by just adjusting the fans or changing orientation.

i was thinking about getting corsair vengeance 16 gb 4x4 kit . ripjaws seem to be smaller than vengeances

For a 2600k to 4.5, I would recommend going with a Thermalright MUX120 and if you want to do a push pull fan setup later you can just get yourself some Gentle Typhoons (or whatever) later on down the road, since this is cooler comes with a fan. You shouldn't have any fan clearance issues with the fan and the 1st ram slot either and they perform in the same general range as other tier 1 coolers and will handily spank a Megahalems. Damn good cooler for the price and a damn good co0oler even ignoring the good pricing.

EDIT: Koolertek has a better price than SVC right here. Check both stores out and see what's cheaper shipped to your door.

mudd

Back