• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on win 7 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buster bluth

Hey folks my problem is near identical to this one - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647607

I have tried numerous installs but always the same, ends up failing right at the end of finalization The message is "disk drive error. Please insert disk into disk drive. Hardisk1/" then reboots into an "cannot recover recovery.dat and a big red ERROR on screen". and virtually nothing works right from that point. Cannot load windows.

I try to follow the solution in the other thread but the options arent available in the asus laptops BIOS for ACPI XSDT Table or anything much else... so any ideas?

asus pro50n laptop that had vista until i tried to wipe it and install win7. I do have the asus disks that came with it. I formatted the vista partition (not the backup or data partition) from within the win7 setup menu, after the upgrade way failed also. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
You've got some proprietary software in a small partition on the front end of the drive and in the MBR looking for a specific installation and even with the ASUS startup disks you've hit the diagnostic 'wall'. If you can pull the HDD and replace it you should be able to get a clean Win7 install. You'll save a lot of hair pulling, at least enough to pay for the new drive (go for an SSD; they're affordable these days and you'll enjoy the pep your lappy will get). Otherwise, pull the drive and run a Mil-Spec wipe, then a new install.

Back