• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclock amd a6 3420m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big50234

Hello im new here and need some help overclocking my apu. I have an amd a6 3420m and want to overclock. I want to know what is the max temp and how long i could run the apu at those temps. I have overclocked it and i used the game black ops to test the temps and it reached a max of 94C and averaged around 85C after the fan kicked in, also i cannot control the fan speed manually :( also i use core temp for the temp readings and it shows a tjunction max of 115C and specs show a max thermal temp of 100C so im a bit confused on the whole temp stuff. Thank you for the help.

What motherboard?

What Memory? Brand/Speed/Amount.

What cpu cooler?

What case?

What power supply?

Added-in video card or onboard?

Ok its an Hp g7 1365dx laptop.
What motherboard? model hp 3568, amd a55/a60M chipset
What Memory? Brand/Speed/Amount. pny electronics, 1066mhz, 8gb.
What cpu cooler? Just a cheap laptop cooling pad for now.
What case? Don't know.
What power supply? Not sure.
Added-in video card or onboard? Its an apu with radeon hd 6520g graphics with 512mb dedicated memory

Sorry im a computer hardware noob lol but trying to learn as much as i can, and thank you for helping.

Actually it might make a little more sense if this forum section was entitled AMD Desktop CPUs since we really do not deal with the laptop and mobile processors very often at all.

Most of these laptops do n0t have a bios made for overclocking. The bios has no features to increase cpu speeds etc.

I do not go into the laptop forum section here at OCF but you might post there and see if any have experience with that laptop and cpu.

I most likely would type into g00gle, overclock + Hp g7 1365dx and see if you get any hits. Often there are some laptop only forums that know more about laptops than I surely do and more than most of us do since we have desktop computers for our heavy work.

Back