• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclock Ryzen 5 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thanos999

Registered
new to this forum need help overclocking ryzen 5 2600 can only get into the top 4 Untitlegot myself into the top 5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved to your own thread... :)

Where are you at? What voltage? Cooling? Etc etc.... we need more info. Please list system specs (put it in your signature)

And you have reason to suspect your chip is better than a top 4 CPU?

actually i am at the top 4th position if you look

- - - Updated - - -

Moved to your own thread... :)

Where are you at? What voltage? Cooling? Etc etc.... we need more info. Please list system specs (put it in your signature)

im in wales the uk the voltage was at 1.525 cooling is a corsair h100

But my point is, you are doing better than most in your overclock already. Not every CPU made, even of the same make and model, has the same overclock potential. There are differences in the quality of t he silicon used form batch to batch when producing the same model CPU and subtle differences in the precision of the manufacturing process from factory to factory and from day to day. It may not be that the case that with a little more tweaking you will get up to the top spot. You may have gotten the max out of your CPU already.

But my point is, you are doing better than most in your overclock already. Not every CPU made, even of the same make and model, has the same overclock potential. There are differences in the quality of t he silicon used form batch to batch when producing the same model CPU and subtle differences in the precision of the manufacturing process from factory to factory and from day to day. It may not be that the case that with a little more tweaking you will get up to the top spot. You may have gotten the max out of your CPU already.

it was a sarcastic post but americans dont get sarcasm i understand i no i cant push it much further not without changing my cooling

but americans dont get sarcasm
Oh? Maybe sarcasm is tough to see through the written word. This has nothing to do with Americans. ;)

When i asked where you were at, i meant clockspeed wise currently as in the context of the thread and the question asked. But i see it now in your image.

1.525v is way too much already. ;)

So, i guess congrats are in order since this was for show. Congrats!

Last edited:
it was a sarcastic post but americans dont get sarcasm i understand i no i cant push it much further not without changing my cooling

You mean your first post? If so, I then take it to mean you were actually bragging about being "into the top 4", in an indirect way, that is. Americans do understand sarcasm but as ED indicated, subtleties like that don't always come across in print unless they are well-written so as to make the intention obvious.

You mean your first post? If so, I then take it to mean you were actually bragging about being "into the top 4", in an indirect way, that is. Americans do understand sarcasm but as ED indicated, subtleties like that don't always come across in print unless they are well-written so as to make the intention obvious.

i thought it was obvious being in top 4 and asking for help if on the otherhand i was in 1000 place i would need help

now not being sarcastic i would like help trying to get to number 2 there is no way i can get to number 1 he is doing a suicide run his vcor is over 1.8 but he could be on ln2
things i need help with are clocking the memory adjusting the bus speeds p stats c stats and finding a good cpu waterblock and the best thermal coumpound plus any other stats that i need to no about
this is my first AMD build ever always been a intel fanboy

- - - Updated - - -

i just noticed i got a star under my name what does that mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
A star used to mean you had posted enough times to have access to the Settings panel for your account and could then create a Sig. I don't think that is the case now. Not sure it means anything anymore. Sorry for the misunderstanding about the sarcasm. Since you were new to the forum we had no knowledge of your skills or experience. We get many who are noobs to building their own systems and to overclocking and don't understand that not all chips are created equal. Welcome to the forum!

The #1 is clearly using sub ambient cooling.

If you are pushing for 2nd, memory speeds do not matter. In fact, default is better than higher when chasing cpu clocks like this.

A good thermal paste is coolabtratory liquid metal. Though most are within 1-3c of each other. ;)

Stars are post count (only). Please take a min to read the forum rules as it explains them, and other things about this great community.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=78&a=65

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Qs-Guidelines-and-Rules?highlight=Forum+rules

Last edited:
A star used to mean you had posted enough times to have access to the Settings panel for your account and could then create a Sig. I don't think that is the case now. Not sure it means anything anymore. Sorry for the misunderstanding about the sarcasm. Since you were new to the forum we had no knowledge of your skills or experience. We get many who are noobs to building their own systems and to overclocking and don't understand that not all chips are created equal. Welcome to the forum!

i understand i still remember how i got into pc building and overclocking used to go down to the locl scrap merchant and buy a pc for a few £1 or £2 got a few books from the libarary and read throught the books at least twice

toke the scrap pc i hade bought and tried it it started it had windows 95 and few others i bought had windows 98 i played around with them for a few mounths then i decided to build myself a pc cause i thought i could build one cheaper than buying a replacement xbox cause my original had red ringed on me

so the first chip i hade was a e2140 and i made a noob mistake off buying one off the cheapest graphics cards around got a game called elder scrolls oblivion and hade trouble running it then i decided to get the internet and i seen all these youtube videos on overclocking and i thought i would have a go i managed to overclock the 2140 by about 25% i think the chip was 2gh and i got it to 2.5 ghz

the following year i got a decent gpu i think it cost me £125 it was an nvidea gt960 the improvment from the old ati card i hade was increadable by this time i wanted more cpu power so the next chip i had was the q9550 on an nvidea board that was one off the first to have ddr3

i also started to get into watercooling and i built my first custome loop using a d tek cpu block a 360rad that i stil got and a ddc pump which i stil got i then moved onto the i5 2500k and a year later following my fathers death i got the i7 3770k and went sli with 2 gtx 760 and now im upgrading again

ps the 2140 and the gt960 are still going sold it to a friend cause he only uses it for the internet

Last edited:
Dont hesitate to break up that wall of text and use punctuation for easy readability. Same thing with your sig...its a giant run on sentence. :)

Anyway, sounds like how many of us got started. Youve landed at a great place full of helpful souls!

Back