• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking! Phenom II 965BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, your temps look fine.

Chris, let's start over from scratch and do this systematically.

First, I want you to remove the 2 gb memory module and just go with the one four gig stick for now. This will eliminate this as a possible issue. You can put the other one back in later.

Then I want you to return every frequency and voltage setting to stock value, including the Processor Frequency Multiplier.

Then I want you to start increasing the "Processor Frequency Mulitiplier" by .5x increments. After each increment of increase, run a 20 minute Prime95 blend stress test to test for stability and temps. Have HWMonitor open on the desktop each time you test. If you pass the test, go back and raise the Multiplier by another .5x and retest. Repeat this until you cannot pass the Prime95 stress test. Then add .025 to the CPU voltage and retest. Let's see how far you get with this approach. When you get stuck, post back with pics.

So you have three 2 gb sticks. Yes, take out one of them. Use the two that are the same make and model if possible.

Just for reference, you want to keep you core temps from exceeding 55c or a tad more and you want to keep TMPIN0 (socket temp) from exceeding 65c.

ok, there's 4 stick of ram in my PC, I believe there is 2xs2GB and 2x1gb, i just got back from the shower, It's now at 3.8 @ 1.1250 and bluesceeend, i'll remove the2x1b ram and try again with this setting and see what happens, I've not got the time today to spend it overclocking unfortunatly, So if this doesn't do anything i'll just roll back to [email protected] and keep it there until later on tonight / tomorrow.

Took that 2x1gb ram out and it didn't seem to make a diffference, i'm jsut going to leave it at 3.7 for now, until i have more time to go over it tomorrow

Last edited:
By all means then, remove the 2x1 gb ram sticks and just go with the 2x2.

If your CPU is at 3.8 ghz and the CPU voltage is only at 1.125 then there is no wonder you are getting blue screen. That voltage is way too low. You will likely need 1.4-1.425 on the CPU vcore to be stable at 3.8 ghz. If you look at my Sig you will see I have that same CPU in my spare rig.

By all means then, remove the 2x1 gb ram sticks and just go with the 2x2.

If your CPU is at 3.8 ghz and the CPU voltage is only at 1.125 then there is no wonder you are getting blue screen. That voltage is way too low. You will likely need 1.4-1.425 on the CPU vcore to be stable at 3.8 ghz. If you look at my Sig you will see I have that same CPU in my spare rig.

Sorry, i didn't mean 1.125, I meant 1.425, Bu ti've had it upto 1.5 and still blue screens, I really don;t want it up at 1.5, My voltage doesn;t seem to be stable, it seems to dip evey now and again, (If you loo at the previous screens you'll see teh min / max), is that normal?

Sorry, i didn't mean 1.125, I meant 1.425, Bu ti've had it upto 1.5 and still blue screens, I really don;t want it up at 1.5, My voltage doesn;t seem to be stable, it seems to dip evey now and again, (If you loo at the previous screens you'll see teh min / max), is that normal?

The fluctuation is normal, its called Vdroop, your cpu voltage tends to drop under load, if your board has a function called load line calibration you might want to turn it on and start from scratch, it does the opposite of what you see now where it will raise your voltage under load instead.

Also came across this while looking at your board on the asus site:

*Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is supported by AM2+ /AM3 CPU for one DIMM per channel only.
*Refer to www.asus.com for the memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)

So like everyone else said, remove the two smaller sticks of ram.

Did you try the methodology I suggested in post #21? We encourage folks to go about overclocking incrementally and systematically. It takes patience.

Did you try the methodology I suggested in post #21? We encourage folks to go about overclocking incrementally and systematically. It takes patience.

Not Yet, I might have a few hours spare soon so give it a go, I'll post back when i've done it, also i'll enable that calibration thing, i remember seing that setting, so i'll set it on

Load Line Calibration? It can help keep CPU voltages stable under load and combat "vdroop" and depending on how it is implemented it can also allow you to get by with less idle voltage by supplementing the full load voltage more heavily. If it has various levels, experiment with them and monitor the effect on vcore both at idle and under load.

Back