• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Picking a new mobo Msi 870a Fuzion vs Biostar 890fxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieBond

Registered
Its been awhile from my last build and I was always an Asus Man but looking to upgraded to a new Motherboard, cpu and ram would like any info..

I read the review on the Biostar Ta890fxe but I can not really find much on teh new msi 870a. Plus I have never used either of the products so looking for info or any advice looking to overclock to about 4ghz/4.2ghz around there. On air

what I already own.
case Thermaltake spedo advance
cpu cooler Thermaltake SpinQ vt
power supply is an Ocz modxtream 700watt
ocz agility 2 100g ssd
msi n460 cyclone edition graphics card

but for the Mobo cpu and ram I am still up in the air for what will give me the best bang for my buck only going to run single graphics card but I do have a bfg gtx260oc that would be nice just the through in which is why I was considering the Msi 870a fuzion board but that is just a neat feature that really does not make or break me. Also looking to run the amd 965 BE processor. And looking to spend under 400 dollars with shipping and taxes which both these boards due.
Newegg.ca 320.99 for msi with chip
tigerdirect.ca 328.99 for biostar with chip

Thanks for any help guys/girls and I hope this was easy to read

Last edited:
Grab the Biostar TA890FXE. It's a better chipset and it OC's like a beast. They also have excellent tech support. I don't think that you can go wrong with that choice.

:welcome: to OCF!

Yep - Given a choice of those two I'd go with the Biostar! :)

You should also look at getting a better heatsink. The SpinQ won't take you very far with the 965BE. The Sunbeam CCT 120mm is an excellent cooler as is the Hyper 212+ (and don't forget the Plus, it makes a difference). If you're willing to spend more for the cooler let us know. There are better performing heatsinks but the price starting jumping up from there ... ;)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004

thanks for the advice so looks like biostar is a winner. As for the cooler I will see how the case and fan works together and if my temps are not low enough to get what I want I will look into getting a new cooler. good advice

Back