• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help please i think im bottled neck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ok i have radeon 9700pro and only getting about 100fps in cs and around 70-80 fps in.. bf1942. Im running 1024x768@85mhz for refresh rate. any suggestion or tips would be great :)

What's the rest of your system? that would help a lot in determining if/where a bottleneck exists.

what speed is the 1700 running at a 9700 pro is bottlenecked by the cpu up to a 3.6ghz p4 so if your running stock, thats a big bottleneck.

ya stock btw.... lot ppl i see cant unlock max fps in fps for some reason they get like 90-100max any comments oh how to uncapp ?

Yeah, your CPU is definitely causing the bottleneck. Looks like you have a killer system for o/c'ing, though... should be a piece of cake.

first i need cooling some windbond ram... and im 15 and dont have a job and my PARENTs wont let me be bagger boy @ hg.hills or krogers =(

Half life is capped at 100 fps for me for you for everyone... no way to unlock... just live with it... 100 fps is fine..

What kinda heatsink you have? Hows your cooling.. those 1700 tbred B's are awsome overclockers... you have 3200 ram.. so at least... lower the Multi and raise the fsb... you can have a high fsb without overclocking your processor.. this should help a lot.

Why would you need to cool your ram? Its rated to run at 200mhz without any extra cooling or mods.

I used to overclock with my volcano 6.. hehe.. i had the cu+.. anyway. for now... you can like I said... keep the cpu mhz the same... while having a high FSB... this will help a lot.

Beast Of Blight said:
100fps.

Sheesh, anything above.. like..30fps is wasted.

Personally, I prefer anything over 60...there are some that can still tell if the fps are under 100, but that's not me...

Video game fps are nothing like movie fps....no motion blur in games....and the eye can detect 100fps and more.....

Beast Of Blight said:
100fps.

Sheesh, anything above.. like..30fps is wasted.

no, People can actually sense the difference in FPS to varying degrees up to around 130 fps. There is a HUGE difference in CS between 40fps and 100fps, but as long as he is pegged at 100 he is fine.

dude are you seriuosly 130 fps that some peeps tell ?, dang homie imm soo jealous hahha they got lot of skills then,i suppose ill give em props

I think of it as a weakness, could you imagine wanting all your games to be 130 fps, youd be constantly upgrading lol.

but still its neat hehehe .... well thanks for the help guys much help appreciated

Back