• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help Unlocking Phenom II X4 960T on ASUS M5A78L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello How are today Trend

Just a small update we are running very very smooth on my other HDD 4.009 with antivirus running , me searching the internet and downloading stuff and running prime95 temp is at 33c no blue screen every thing is wonderful

thank you ur the best :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just a fast Update i have noticed something new it happened 2 times now

when i watch youtube the pc kinda freezes and then it restarts not sure 100% it could be something running in the background

will keep looking out for this But If any one know or have had this before i would be thankful for your help

many thanks

So it cant be my Video card because that is up to date

ibaa.jpg

Ok so i went on Line and found that i need to disable the auto restart

But i also found this could this be the reason i was getting a blue screen ??
or in any way does this look right or should i change it ??

h7x3.jpg

Thank you

Ok so i went on Line and found that i need to disable the auto restart

But i also found this could this be the reason i was getting a blue screen ??
or in any way does this look right or should i change it ??

h7x3.jpg

Thank you

That is normal, it's where all the info from a blue screen crash goes, so you can look at it if you want to find out what caused the crash, it looks like a load of mumbo jumbo, but that's how it is supposed to look, its fine.

Also why disable the restart option, that means if you crash your pc (bsod) you will have to manually push the power button to start it up again whereas if the auto restart is enabled it will boot the pc back up immediately for you, I don't see the advantage of disabling it.

OS = 7 Seven Dark Edition 2 = Sounds like a pirate copy of winders?
RGone...

I am not sure my neighbor gave me this version because 1 i Liked how he designed it ( i mean wallpaper and all ) 2 my home premium was giving me problems with my PC games , so i was happy to have a second version of windows 7 :D but if that was the case i dont think i will be able to update right ??

That is normal, it's where all the info from a blue screen crash goes, so you can look at it if you want to find out what caused the crash, it looks like a load of mumbo jumbo, but that's how it is supposed to look, its fine.

Also why disable the restart option, that means if you crash your pc (bsod) you will have to manually push the power button to start it up again whereas if the auto restart is enabled it will boot the pc back up immediately for you, I don't see the advantage of disabling it.

Keny My dear friend Long time No talk :D how are u and how is PC world with u :D

Yes what you are saying sounds right but also it is also annoying in the middle of your work and it restarts if you know what i mean

many thanks keny

Keny My dear friend Long time No talk :D how are u and how is PC world with u :D

Yes what you are saying sounds right but also it is also annoying in the middle of your work and it restarts if you know what i mean

many thanks keny

Yeah I know, but it either will restart or it will shutdown completely, there's no middle road where it warns you and you just keep going, it either shuts down and restarts or just turns off after the bsod, if you are really on the edge in the os it will throw up a boxed warning saying "windows is shutting down in 20 seconds" but even then it will shut down and stay off or restart for you if restart is checked. I'm good btw thanks :thup:

More updates on my OC

Good day

Have a few updates After strugling for a few days big time

I also have PM my master Trend :D but he has not got back to me im thinking he is very Busy

Ok so after we got it up to 4.009 prime runs smooth TEP is no more then 38c 39c but we always had the Blue screen so we went up on the memory V blue screen is gon then i ran into an other problem if i rn 2 or more APP the computer keeps restarting and this bothered me alot not to mention i have been taking hard ware in and out to see what is the cause , fresh install of windows , then one of my HDD got messed up and so on

so i keept on trouble shouting and found the cause here it is

h5gx.jpg

9byp.jpg

8tb6.jpg

By changing the CPU/HT back to 230 from 243 every thing got smoother 100% also went a little hight on the CPU OV and keept on playing with the CPU Ratio started at 15X now as you see i have it at 17.5

will keep going up on the ratio to see how far i can get so-fare i am at 4.01 and very stable before i was at 4.009 and restarting every 15 minutes

Not Please if any one see's something wrong with the numbers above please let me know to what number i should change it to and why ???

many thanks

One potential issue I see is that you have 16gb of RAM installed. That's way more than you probably need unless you do stuff like Photoshop. That much RAM puts more strain on the CPU integrated memory controller (ICM) and could be causing your blue screens. It would probably be okay in a non-overclocked machine but maybe not in one where you are pushing the overclock, especially on the CPU/NB frequency which is part of the ICM. If you have four sticks of RAM in the machine I would take out two of them and reduce the total amount to 8 gb and see if that helps.

hello RGone :) i just wanted to see his respond

Tell me RGone how does this new system look to you ( solid ) I am amazed the BIOS is amazing never seen this before every thing with a Mouse click i can move boot drives , OC , monitor hardware and mush more just with a mouse click WOW i am not sleeping tonight lol

Firas, I am not much of a believer in MSI, but maybe that is mostly for their AMD stuff. Not sure. But really it does not matter much what I or really anyone else thinks since you have it and seem quite happy with it. That seems most relavent to the situation. Enjoy and happy computering.
RGone...

Back