• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help Unlocking Phenom II X4 960T on ASUS M5A78L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:clap: yes yes yes we made it Trend i am siting on 4.00 with X16.5

we made it i have a Big smile on my face :clap::clap::clap: :attn:

You rock you rule

Let me know what you think of our results

thank you WOW

Trend we got the Memory dump again so i changed this in BIOS

z28j.jpg

But i am not sure if this is correct what do you think about the VDDNB should we change this also ???

thanks Firas

OK I dont Get it i am Lost Here and need help

After i did the changes to my Post above as you see

Every 10 15 minutes windows reboots and i am only on the internet so no downloading or editing or any thing , i dont know why

so i said to my self lets do a Test and here i ran prime95 for an hour on my first test and every thing is working fine so i am confused can it be my Power supply coz it is about 8 years old but i only have used it solid for 4 1/2 years ???
any way here are my results

uwcj.jpg

rawv.jpg

zzv9.jpg

what was it crashing when i surf the internet ??? can it be it was not yet stable and now it is ??? i have no clue i wait for my Master Trend :)

Thank you

Firas

Oh my SPU is only 500W is this to small ?? i want to get me a 750 but i say to my self work with this one first i could be wrong

I think you might be aggervating the situation by throwing mre voltage at it. the random crashing is something I had when overclocking any newer AMD CPU.

all I am going to say is since we are OCing by the bus as well is that you might need to take a look at tRCD timings and possibly loosen them up and make sure you haven't inadvertently overclocked the PCI bus, make sure that's locked down. either one of those could cause crashing or throw false errors (meaning not bad ram) in memtest

trents might be able to explain better, i'ma bit drunk

Ok thank you for the reply I just wanted to see what is going on

and yes you are right i do see in BIOS over-clocked PCIE should i disable this or wait for my Master Trend :) ??

enjoy your BUZZ

Show us pics of the bios displaying the PCI-e section. No, you should not overclock the PCI-e bus.

Also, don't use the "pro" version of HWMonitor. It's only offered free for trial and after a time it starts dropping out values we need. Get the nonPro version.

If your PSU is going on 8 years old you definitely ought to get a new one.

When you show pics of CPU-z, always show three tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". Showing only the SPD tab does not give us the information we need. The SPD tab only reports manufacturer's recommended values for the memory, not what you are currently running it at.

Yes, you do. My bad.

Make sure your memory voltage is set to 1.55.

From this point on, do not increase the FSB frequency any more. Your RAM speed is now 1610 mhz.

What we need to see now is pics of the bios that show voltages: CPU voltage, CPU/NB voltage and Memory voltage. Also need to see the LLC line and the PCI-e line.

Your CPU voltage seems unnecessarily high.

Okay, I'm going to be gone for a while.

Okay, so you did not overclock the PCI-e as you indicated you did in post #186? Post #182 shows it on "Auto" as it should be. Is it still on Auto? Firas, you can be confusing sometimes.

I would lower your CPU Overvoltage to 1.475. 1.54 is too high for everyday use. I would also invest in a new, quality brand PSU. It may not be causing you problems now but it will be at that age.

Other than these suggestions I have no further input. Perhaps other forum members see something I don't.

PSU : 500 W 7 years old :) = What is the name and model of that power supply so we can g00gle it and get the specifications for it. 7 years old or so and it may not have sufficient +12V rail for todays boards and cpus that draw all the cpu power from the +12V rail.
RGone...

Ok i am back was out had to do some thing for a few hours

But Trend we need to finish this i think we are almost there did you read my last few posts on preime95 i ran it for 1 full hour as you see in the PIC and this was my first test the funny thing is i go online 15 minutes without downloading or anything just windows Explorer and windows reboots whats up with that ??

RGone next time i open the case i will look again good and will post PIC

Firas

Ok trend tell me what you see My Friend

I did 2 small changes and now i am siting on 4.1 :clap: tell me please do these numbers match or will they work so far pc hasent crashed

tih1.jpg

3kjb.jpg

celf.jpg

bi1d.jpg

eu0h.jpg

In the First PIC you see it was 230 CPU HT i changed it back to 243 as we did yesterday and the cpu O V took it down to 1.478

Please let me know how do these numbers look to u and should i start testing prime95 ???

many thanks awaiting your answers :bday:

I would Love to know what in the world is this and should i change it to a Higher Number ???

thank you

0tp2.jpg

Disable the Advanced Clock Calibration. That one and the next two below it have to do with unlocking cores. Don't go there. Disable ACC.

Is you computer stable now at 4.1 when you run Prime and at other times?

I have not run prime yet w hating for your orders but i know it will run smooth

can you please tell me how to fix this blue screen Physical memory dump ?? if we can fix this we will be rolling :) i ran into this again

many thanks Trend waiting for your orders :)

Back