• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help Unlocking Phenom II X4 960T on ASUS M5A78L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
firas,

About your memory frequency. If you will look at the CPU-z "Memory" tab you will realize has already climbed from 1300 to 1533 mhz. Almost there to 1600. CPU-z reports memory frequencies at half of what you would expect because it is reporting the memory bus frequency, not the DDR3 frequency. Just multiply by 2. So if CPU-z is reporting a memory frequency of 733 mhz, double it to in your head to figure the DDR3 frequency. Remember how I told you that when you increase the CPU/HT Reference clock that the memory frequency also speeds up? And so does the HT Link Speed and the CPU/NB speed. They are tied together. Hopefully, we can increase the CPU/HT Reference a bit more and get the memory back up to the full 1600 mhz rating.

Did you change that tRC memory timing to 41 yet and did you increase the memory voltage to 1.55 as I requested? Yes, a 1.45 CPU over voltage is fine. Your temps are still low.

Which part of my instructions from post #154 did you not understand? What specifically can I help you with? Memory timings? I'm going for another round of exercise. Be back in a while.

i dont know what is the tRC memory :) i dont see it in BIOS

and the voltage to 1.55 you mean the yellow numbers in BIOS that i changed to 1.45 yes ??

i'll just wait for you , if you come back and i am not here can you please post instructions like we did before so if i do fall asleep i will do them first thing in the morning but in the mean time i am still here

Many thanks

Last edited:
Please put this back on "Auto".

Attachments

• Active.PNG
    Active.PNG
    223.5 KB · Views: 12
Please attach a pic that shows what comes below the item I have underlined in red. This will be where the memory voltage and timing controls are.

Attachments

• Memory.PNG
    Memory.PNG
    269.4 KB · Views: 14
well you make me smile how do you think i feel please take your time and if i am not here please leave instructions your loyal student :) :)

A picture is worth 1000 words. The "SPD" tab of CPU-z shows what the memory manufacturer recommends for voltages and timings at various frequencies. The "Memory" tab shows the timings and frequencies your memory is actually set to in bios, currently.

Attachments

• x2.PNG
    x2.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 12
  • trc.PNG
    trc.PNG
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
  • xmp.PNG
    xmp.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 12
WOW ok now i am getting to understand this a little bit better ok super

so that means on the DRAM Frequency we can only push about 300 or 400 am i right ??

i will try to change the TRC to 41 if that does not work i will wait for you

i also like to mention to you i took Pictures of my whole BIOS for you so you can have all the info to understand how it is set up..

and i promise you after we are don and every thing is rolling i will take pictures of the setup we mad so i dont forget them just incase my BIOS resets its self on an update or you never know

will be back with PIC

Last edited:
Ok my dear friend Trend i have pictures of my whole BIOS look at what we need to get to our goal and discard the rest i only did this because maybe there is something els i have enabled or disabled that is also effecting our work
:bday:

okyw.jpg

rw3b.jpg

6lc2.jpg

9d29.jpg

cyur.jpg

ibqo.jpg

9z8v.jpg

smo6.jpg

tozs.jpg

3prg.jpg

NOT still did not do the timing yet to 41 have to run to do something will be back soon

Sorry cant find tRC any where in BIOS :(

Last edited:
We are trying for a memory (DRAM) frequency of 800 mhz as it would show in the CPU-z Memory tab. This would be 1600 mhz in DDR3 terms. Remember, multiply by 2 in your head. But for now, take the Memory Overvoltage off Auto and set it to 1.55.

After you change the Memory Overvoltage, move back up to the DRAM Timing configuration and press the Enter key. This should open up the timing table and allow you to change the tRC to 41. You will see many other timings but you only need to change that one.

Attachments

• 800.PNG
    800.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
Good job! Now I think you're starting to catch on.

So, the next thing I want you to do is to increase the FSB from 230 to 243 mhz and also lower the CPU ratio from 17 to 16.5x.

Then post back with pics of CPU-z.

well my friend i can barley open my eye and believe me as mush as i want to continue this But i must sleep can we call it a day and continue tomorrow

PM me if you have spare time morning your time other wise when ever u like

and i will also PM you just to give you heads up that i am here

And Trent thank you so much for every thing

Bis Morgen

Top of the Mornning to you Trend i think we mad it i missed the post message but i think we mad it
ogjf.jpg

leup.jpg

nk9s.jpg

0zpw.jpg

Back