• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with a desision

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kkpudge7

Should I run this on the new rig

http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_x32BV-FullHD.htm

I found it for 599.99 which would be only a little more expensive than buying the tuner card for the other one.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11236988&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Paired with this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116007

I'm still in college, and it will also be the tv for my apartment, so running atsc/ntsc is a must. I guess i'm just looking for quality input on the sceptre brand, because I've heard good things about the Hans-G

Looking at the specs it seems the Sceptre has a good panel in it but the HannsG looks like a Tn film panel.

I am so overloaded with information right now lol... I read all the threads on "which monitor" and all the like and still feel like I am not properly informed to make a good decision.

First all, I am still considering the two mentioned in the origional post, but I have some more that Im considering. I found this one at costco for 649.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889101153

I know sharp is a good brand, but the 1366x768 still scares me a little bit. I will be running either a 4870 or a 4870x2 (when they release), so graphics card power isn't a concern.

My computer will be used for a variety of things, that include paper writting for school, moderate gaming, and tv watching.

would it be better to go with the sharp at a lower resolution, or get a different brand at the full 1080p.

Or should I just scrap the idea of getting a big screen and stick with a nice 24 incher. lol...i'm on overload so bad right now.

Don't you think everything is going BluRay............... which means you are going to need a Monitor/TV that can do 1080P to take full advantage of it.

The Sceptre is a 32incher with a good panel, wide screen, and 1920 by 1080 resolution, I would go with it.

No doubt the SHARP AQUOS is a nice TV but when you're playing your BluRay movies, in the future, at 720P..........you'll know deep in your heart that you're not seeing them in all their glory......you'll then wish that you had bought a high res monitor.

At least that's what I thought when I was thinking about buying a 720p TV instead of a 1080P one.

I think I am gonna go with it 7keys...I'll be getting it from costco, and they have a 2 year no questions asked warrenty, so if I get it and absolutely hate it, i'll just return it and say it has some dead pixels.

Your point about blu-ray is a good one, because it is def gonna be the wave of the future.

I'm not too worried about doing word documents and crap on the huge screen, because I will be running a smaller 17 inch dell for school work. I think my decision is made :D

Stay away from the 1366x768 one. I got a Magnavox 32" LCD that only does 1366x768. I only bought it because I found it at Wal-Mart for $379. Not bad at all for a 32" LCD.

Hey jon, thanks for the advice. You think the 1080p one will be good enough picture quality though?

The Picture on that Sceptre LCD is going to be great, just look at the specs, 6ms Response Time, Viewing Angle 178 L/R, 178 Up/Down. This shows that the panel is a good one. Probably MVA or PVA I think the Panel inside should be your determining factor in buying an LCD.

I bought a TN panel LCD from Bestbuy and couldn’t live with it, the picture quality was terrible, bad color shifting and viewing angles. I took it back and bought an LCD with a P-MVA panel and couldn’t believe how much better the picture quality was. You’ll love it! I’m still amazed at the picture quality.

1080p will be fine picture quality. I only say stay away from the 1366x768 because if you get that you'll kick yourself for not getting a 1080p one. Only reason I don't, as I said, was because of the dirt cheap price, but I still wish I had a full 1080p set.

Back