• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with amd a8 5600k! apu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kylefigueroa

guys, I just broke my amd processor, all of the pins are good but 1 pin is missing. :( now i cant run it, no boot showing on my monitor.

I cant even afford a new one a8 processor.

Actually you can put a small pin-like thing inside the correct cpu socket hole and then insert the cpu and boot normally...but it'll be hard to do it right.
Good luck!

kylefigueroa - I would suggest not soliciting members here for donations of free hardware, especially via PM. While your situation stinks, it's a live and learn moment.

kyle, the "live and learn" statement from mbentley is the part you need to focus on. Analyze how this happened and formulate a strategy so that it won't happen again.

How did this happen anyway? Were the pins bent in shipment? Did you inspect the underside of the CPU to check for bent pins before you tried to install the CPU in the socket? Did the CPU drop easily into the socket or did you have to force it down? Did you do a traumatic extraction of the CPU when trying to remove the heat sink? Those sort of questions.

Back