• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with amd fx 8120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirisc

Hi!

i a new member of the forum, my name is Osiris, i'm from mexico.

i have one question, i bought an amd fx 8120 at 3.1ghz, but in system properties display at 2.8ghz. any help?

see the pics please!

thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC00120.jpg
    DSC00120.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 238
Make sure the bios is the latest on the motherboard.

Clear the CmOs so the board is set to standard defaults and cpu maybe recognized differently.

the same 2.81 ghz :temper:

searching in gigabyte website's i found the answer. the problem its my motherboard... i check the cpu support documentation and never found my amd fx 8120 on the list, so that's it.:cry:

thanks for the help!

i check the cpu support documentation and never found my amd fx 8120 on the list, so that's it. = That would certainly give possible issues.

have you jumped on CPUZ and see what it reads in there on a side note? What mobo do you have maybe there is a BIOS update out there or coming out.

RGone is right though, that is probably the issue.

have you jumped on CPUZ and see what it reads in there on a side note? What mobo do you have maybe there is a BIOS update out there or coming out.

RGone is right though, that is probably the issue.

good morning

about the bios update... there isn't any updates in gigabyte's website that support my amd fx 8120, so i'll change my mobo this monday for free because it was an error from the seller.

thanks again!

Back