• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Asus M4A88TD-v evo/usb3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scaz

I just rebuilt my system with a new mobo(M4A88TD-v evo/usb3), cpu(phenom II 840), gpu(HD6670), psu and ram as well as a new SSD to complement my old 500Gb HDD. It was all working fine and I had booted into windows and was installing graphics drivers, etc. It then suddenly shut down and now neither hard drive is detected in the bios. Any ideas?

I have this same board and I also use an SSD (Vertex 2) complimented by a HDD (F3).

Make sure that you don't have any USB devices plugged in besides a mouse/keyboard, sometimes the board will try to boot from a thumb drive for no reason and it corrupts the BIOS a bit.

Did you install your OS with AHCI enabled? I can't really think of too many things that would cause your drives not to show up...

Can you provide a detailed parts list?

Sounds like it could be the drive controller having gone bad on the motherboard. Do you see any bulging caps on the board? Is there an IDE port on the board? If you have access to a working PATA drive you might check and see if its recognized. How about your DVD drive? Does it show up in bios?

Sounds like it could be the drive controller having gone bad on the motherboard. Do you see any bulging caps on the board? Is there an IDE port on the board? If you have access to a working PATA drive you might check and see if its recognized. How about your DVD drive? Does it show up in bios?

I had a Gigabyte board that was doing all kinds of weird things recently, specifically the SSD wouldn't show up 80% of the time. I had to reboot several times until it showed up. Does your SSD/HDD not show up at all, or is it showing up intermittently? Have you tried turning off your PSU from the back of the computer / unplugging the power cable and waiting 10-15 secs (ensuring no more power to the board)? What have you tried to diagnose the issue?

Back