• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with BH7 IDE 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrDanco

Registered
I have had my BH7 (Bios 1.1) up and running for several weeks now:
P4b 2.53 SL6S2 Malay @ 3.525 FSB 185
SLKu 900 w/ Vantec 92mm Tornando
Corsair XMS 3500 512 x 1
Seagate 120 gb SATA
Pioneer DVD/CD Rom on IDE 1
Rad 9800 Pro
Enermax 651w ps
Coolermaster ATC 110

Today I added a Plextor 52-32-52 CR-RW to IDE 2...........my problem is that neither drive on IDE 2 is being recognized.........tried both drives alone on IDE 1 and no problem.......if attach both at once to IDE 1 & 2 I don't make it past start up "CHECKING IDE DRIVES"...... power down disconnect IDE 2 and then boots up fine....If only IDE 2 attached boots up but does not recognize the CD Drive in Bios or Windows.
My SATA HD is always being recognized as "MASTER IDE 2"

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Well , after struggling to solve this problem, as my head hit the pillow last night it came to me.....as embarassed as I am to say it was very simple.......when using a SATA drive, any drive on IDE 2 must be set to SLAVE...... once I did that the drive was recognized.........just when I think I "know it all" something like this happens that brings you back to reality.

Back