• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zRoar

Hi I overclocked my computer I've done OCCT and Prime Found no Errors the computer doesn't go higher then 50c when on both but i get random blue screens and it only happens when computer goes into sleep mode I've attached 3 of my minidump file i cannot read it for w/e reason win 7 wont let me install sdk i would appreciate it someone could take a look at these for me

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/11/4/2637239/My minidump.zip

Ive Currently have my 1055t overclocked to 3.722
my multiplyer is x 14.0
bus speed 265.9
ht and nb are 1861.2
and i have my dram frequency at 1416
everything like i said runs fine and occasionally when it enters sleep mode i get a bsod anyone who could open that mini dump and let me know wtf is wrong i would appreciate it. computer specs below

Cooler Master HAF 922

ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop

(3) Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard
Drive -Bare Drive.

(4-16GB) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

(2-Crossfire) SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity.

OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling

Last edited:
First of all, I'd disable sleep mode altogether. Veteran system builders around here will tell you that sleep mode is almost always problematic.

Second, I was experiencing almost exactly the same problem you describe last summer. Random restarts, usually when the computer was idle or doing light tasks like internet browsing. I could stress test it with Prim95 until the cows came home and never got a blue screen or crash.

Eventually, after about 7 months, the source of the problem revealed itself dramatically when I entirely lost one memory bank and smelled a burnt smell. I took the board out and turned it over and saw that one of the traces between the 24 pin main power plug and the memory slot area was fried. I suspect you may have a trace that is loose and failing somewhere on the board.

Last edited:
Well that sucks is there anyway to fix it? Has anyone had a chance to look at my minidump files??? I would appreciate any ideas or anyone who could take a quick look at that.

IMO, mini dump files are not necessarily very helpful. They often are quite misleading, like a leak in a roof. Where the drip is may be long way from where the source if the leak is because the water travels along beams, seams and other surfaces before it shows itself to you. The mini dump may simply reveal the symptom, not the source of the problem.

The first one is... KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (0x0000001e) caused by driver Hal.dll

Second... 0x00000124 STOP error

Third... APC_INDEX_MISMATCH caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Like trents suggested, just disable sleep mode (Control Panel--> Power Options--> Change Plan Settings).

TY so sleep mode is the culprit I have already disabled monitor and sleep mode.

I just ran mdsched and found no errors and all my overclocking is within reason ram is below dram freq i didnt change voltages so idk and i only got these errors 3 times and all 3 during sleep ill leave comp on all day see if it happens

Sleep mode can be crazy acting for sure. I have a CHV with FX-8350 running 4.4Ghz and it has been sleeping just fine. Replaced my Sapphire 5770 video card with a VisionTek 6850 and all hale broke loose. With the VistionTek 6850 in the system, resume from sleep was showing every kind of craziness on the monitor. Did find that later Vid drivers were supposed to address the issue. Newer drivers never fixed that video problem with resume from sleep. Vid card RMA'd and I am gun-shy now about what any later video card will do to my normally working well resume from sleep.

So what can screw with Sleep mode is just weird.
RGone...

Yeah i just ran memtest86 as well and nothing comes up so im going to assume sleep mode was the culprit untill unless i get another blue screen thanks guys

Back