• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with loop routing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PePoX

well as i noted in this thread -> http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-350D-Monsta-cooled-rig?p=7731982#post7731982 <- i started a proyect a little while ago i was having some doubts and here in the forum GTXJackBauer kindly help me but i have anothe doubt and it's about the loop routing here's what i think -hope image upload lol-

thoughts? advices? thank you in advance!

NOTE: in the thread i linked says i have a 9590 but it's a 8350 sorry my bad and in the picture the ''red water' who come out from the res/pump should be blue (cooled water) instead of red (Red = hot water, blue = cooled water)

Attachments

• 350d_side_open_built.png
    350d_side_open_built.png
    251.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Everything looks good, with the exception of that 120rad feeding the GPU. I would loop like so:

Pump/res>1st 240rad>Cpu>2nd 240rad>Gpu>120rad>pump/res.

That 120mm rad will not be enough to cool that 290x. That beast will dump ALOT of heat into the loop. Thus is why it's recommended to use the 240rad to feed it.

Everything looks good, with the exception of that 120rad feeding the GPU. I would loop like so:
Pump/res>1st 240rad>Cpu>2nd 240rad>Gpu>120rad>pump/res.
That 120mm rad will not be enough to cool that 290x. That beast will dump ALOT of heat into the loop. Thus is why it's recommended to use the 240rad to feed it.

I find that this advice conflicts with the stickies and the prevailing view of the majority of users here. My understanding and experience is that the order of items in the loop is of very little importance, as the temperature differential across a well functioning loop is only a couple degrees. Of course the one item that is of importance for order, is that the reservoir feed the pump as directly as possible.

The only one that matters is Res/pump. Using a 120 or 240 before Gpu will not make a diffence. Route your loop to minimize tubing bends and what looks good to you.

Back