• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my 750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgv115

I want to get to 4.2ghz. I don't mind if it's not stable as I'm using stock cooling. I just want to go in and out of windows with a few benchmark scores. I just wanna do this for fun lol...

I can't seem to get past POST or if I do WIndows 7 will BSOD. These are my settings:

LLC = On
vCore = 1.5
QPI/Vtt = 1.270
PCH Core = Auto
CPU PLL = Auto
DRAM Volrage = 1.560
DRAM TERMINATION = Auto

QPI clock ratio = x32 (the lowest option)
SPD = 6 (lowest)
CPU ratio = 20
BLCK = 210.

I put my fan to full blast in order to keep it cool as possible.

I think I have fed enough voltage to the CPU. Have I hit the board limit?

Well i think your vcore is too much... put it down to something like 1.38v and increase your QPI voltage to 1.35... your QPI should always be 0.05v away from vcore

Are you sure you want to go so high on stock cooling? Even if it is just for benchmarking... thats asking for trouble

Your DRAM voltage is too low too. There is no way at all you could put any stress whatsover on that CPU with stock cooling at 1.5v...no way even though you don't have hyperthreading. You couldn't do this with high end air or even water at that voltage. You will go over 100c and it will throttle. At 1.35 volts on high end water, I would see 75c on my 920....with HT on of course. I5's are cooler than I7's, but 1.5 is too much for even the latest 45nm dual cores.

Yup daddyjaxx is right... bump your RAM voltage up to around 1.65v...

But again... strongly advise against doing this... you wont get anywhere... just get an aftermarket cooler!! Cheaper than a new 750....

Unless 1156 boards are different than 1366, you may not be able to set it to exactly 1.65. 1.66 will be fine even though the numbers may turn red and you may get a warning that your CPU will die a firey death because you are over 1.65.

Noticing some misleading information in this thread :(

Though I will agree, way too much CPU voltage, not enough vtt and mem voltage.

I'll check my i5 settings for 4.2ghz and post them after breakfast :)

On quick glance at your setting though, start with the following changes

vCore = 1.35-1.4
QPI/Vtt = at least 1.37 (.1v higher than you listed)
PCH Core = Auto
CPU PLL = 1.9
DRAM Volrage = 1.65 (or higher if you need)
DRAM TERMINATION = Auto

QPI clock ratio = Auto
SPD = 6 (lowest)
CPU ratio = 20
BLCK = 210.

Here are the settings I'm using for 4.2ghz.

QPI Clock ratio = x36
bclk = 210
XMP Profile 1
SPD = 10 (yours is good at 6)

vCore = 1.375
QPI/Vtt = 1.42
PCH Core = Auto
CPU PLL = 1.86
DRAM Volrage = 1.66
The rest are on Auto.

Also try using setfsb to clock up once you're in windows for quick suicide runs.

Double check your RAM timings, make sure you're not running them too tight.

For any sustained overclocking like you're wanting to do though, you should absolutely get better CPU cooling.

Last edited:
That's odd.. My RAM was 1.5V when I first put it in.

Thanks all for help. I will try it soon.

I tried your settings and it worked. My next goal was 4.3 (215 blck). I slowly raised the vcore and in the end had 1.4V. The QPI was at 1.43 or something close to that. DRAM Voltage at 1.65. Didn't pass POST.

Back